Administration of Justice | Temporary Court Reporter
VACANCY: TEMPORARY COURT REPORTER (C4/3)
VACANCY CIRCULAR NO:13 of 2018
Applications are invited from suitably qualified visionary, self-driven and results oriented Botswana citizens to apply for the post of Temporary Court Reporter (C4/3) in the Administration of Justice.
SALARY SCALE: C4/3 (P75 624.00 – P111 996.00.00) per annum
LEAVE: 25 working days per annum.
· Diploma in Court Reporting or National Diploma in Secretarial Studies plus Cambridge Certificate/BGCSE.
· Must have a shorthand minimum speed of 80 wpm.
MAIN PURPOSE OF THE JOB:
To record and transcribe court proceedings verbatim.
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS
1. Provides advice to customers in relation to their complaints and enquiries.
1. Records proceedings verbatim in court.
2. Studies case record to determine special coding for names and terminology for the Job Index.
3. Transcribes proceedings from audio recordings, steno and shorthand.
4. Edit transcribed record of proceedings
5. Types judgments, rulings and court orders.
6. Deposits delivered judgments into the database.
Closing of Events
1. Captures event outcome of civil matters, criminal matters, default judgments and miscellaneous applications
1. Performs quality assurance of event outcome on the court records management system.
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES:
COURAGE ENERGY AND DRIVE
· Action Oriented
· Drive for Results
ORGANIZATIONAL POSITIONING SKILLS
· Career Ambition
· Written Communications
PERSONAL AND INTERPERSONAL SKILLS
· Customer Focus
· Managing Diversity
· Ethics and Values
· Integrity and Trust
· Interpersonal Savvy
· Building Effective
Quote the number of this Vacancy Circular and give the following details:
(a) Full name, address, date and place of birth
(b) Brief summary of career duties (CV)
(c) Certified copies of certificates and references
(d) In case of serving officers:
(e) Date of first appointment
(f) Present post and date of appointment
Applications should be addressed to -
Registrar & Master of the High Court
Private Bag 00220
OR HAND DELIVER @ CBD, HIGH COURT, 1ST FLOOR, RECORDS OFFICE
Applications from Public Service Officers must be routed through their Heads of Department and Permanent Secretaries. Applications not so routed will not be considered.
NB: Only short-listed applicants will be responded to.
FOR MORE INFORMATION, CONTACT:
HR Officers @ 3718168, 3718106, 3718112
Closing Date: 10th January 2019