Ministry of Health and Wellness | Temporary Clerk of Works
Mandate: Ministry of Health and Wellness exists to promote and provide integrated, holistic and sustainable preventative, curative, rehabilitative quality health service to the nation.
TEMPORARY EMPLOYMENT-12 MONTHS
VACANCY: TEMPORARY CLERK OF WORKS
– D4 - PROCUREMENT AND PROJECT MANAGEMENT UNIT
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for the above temporary position in the Ministry of Health and Wellness, Department of Corporate Services, tenable at D’kar, Toteng, Ngarange, Sepopa, Kauxwi, Borotsi or Makgophana Sites for period of twelve (12) months.
SALARY: D4 (P193, 356 – P213, 468) per annum.
BENEFITS: a) Housing and Upkeep allowance
LEAVE: 30 working days per annum.
QUALIFICATIONS: Degree in Construction, Buildings, Civil Engineering or related field.
EXPERIENCE: A minimum four (4) years of related experience in Government or Parastatals or Private Sectors.
MAIN PURPOSE OF THE JOB
Coordinate and monitor all phases of building construction at the work site.
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS
1. Monitor and inspect work of construction contractor for assigned projects on behalf of the Ministry of Health & Wellness.
2. Advice on the discrepancies on the contract documents, architectural drawings and specifications in order to maintain familiarity with assigned projects and insure construction contractor's full understanding of documents.
3. Act as liaison between Project manager and contractor.
4. Conduct on-site observation and spot-checks of work in progress.
5. Ensure contract compliance by the contractor, such as conducting tests specified in contract and installing materials/equipment as specified in contract, and report deficiencies to project manager, architect and contractor.
6. Provide reports on all on-site matters, including third-party inspections, progress, safety concerns, and causes for delay.
7. Maintain job-site files, documents, reports and daily log; prepare periodic reports for Ministry of Health & Wellness as required.
8. Attend all job-site meetings as Ministry of Health & Wellness representative or in conjunction with project manager.
9. Receive, record, present for architect approval, and maintain custody of samples submitted by construction contract.
10. Perform related duties as assigned.
· Functional/Technical Skills
· Communicating Effectively
· Command Skills
· Ethics and Values
· Drive for results
· Negotiation Skills
· Planning and Execution
· Customer Focus
Quote the number of the Vacancy Circular and provide the following details:
a) Full name, address and place of birth.
b) Brief summary of up to date career duties (Curriculum Vitae).
c) Certified copies of certificates (Academic and Professional).
d) A minimum of two current references (not more than 6 months).
e) Certified copy of proof of Identity (Omang).
f) Date of first appointment.
g) Present post and date of appointment thereto.
Applications should be addressed to: -
MINISTRY OF HEALTH AND WELLNESS
Hand delivered to
Ministry of Health and Wellness Headquarters
IMPORTANT: Applications from serving Public Officers and / Mission Health Facilities must be routed through Heads of Departments and Permanent Secretaries. Applications not so routed will not be considered.
Only short listed candidates will be responded to.
Closing date: 21 December 2018, 4:30pm
For further information contact: Human Resource Management Unit on
Tel: 3632856/ 3632012