Department of Tribal Administration | Temporary Clerk Assistants (20 positions)
Proactive and self-driven qualified citizens of Botswana are invited to apply for the above mentioned positions tenable in Central, North West, Kgalagadi and Gantsi Districts in the Department of Tribal Administration.
VACANCY CIRCULAR NO. 3 of 2019
VACANCY: Clerk Assistant – (20 positions)
SALARY SCALE: B5/3 (P46 488 – P55 572) per annum
LEAVE: 20 working days per annum
· Optional Contributory Medical Aid Scheme (Government pay 50% and the Employee pays 50%
· Contributory Pension Scheme (Government pays 15% and employee pay 5%).
· Cambridge/ BGCSE and Certificate in Public Administration/Human Resource Management or Law.
MAIN PURPOSE OF THE JOB:
The primary purpose of this job is to record customary court proceedings and carry out other clerical services at Customary Courts.
1. Register Criminal and Civil cases
2. Maintains customary court records
3. Collect government revenue
4. Records Court proceedings for
Civil and Criminal cases
5. Applies to presiding officers to set date for hearing and notifies the respondents about the date of hearing
6. Prepares warrants for committal and sales order against property for the signature of the presiding officer
7. Prepares correspondences for Kgosi’s signature
8. Prepares monthly and annual cases returns and submits to Clerk of Court.
· Time Management
· Integrity and Trust
All Applicants should quote the reference and vacancy circular number and provide the following:
a) Detailed and updated curriculum Vitae
b) Certified copies of certificates and Omang
c) Full name, address and date of birth;
d) In case of serving officers, the following should be provided:
i) Date of first appointment
ii) Present post and date of appointment to the position and salary scale.
Applications should be addressed to:
The Acting Director Department of Tribal Administration
Private Bag 00401
Hand delivered to:
Department of Tribal Administration
Main mall, Tirelo House, 2nd Floor Records Management Office No.19
Closing Date: 19th July 2019
All applications from serving Public Officers should be routed through their heads of Department and Permanent Secretaries. Applications not so routed will not be considered.
Only candidates who meet the requirements as set out in this advertisement and are shortlisted will be responded to.
For further information please contact Human Resource Administration at 3974986/39059300.