Ministry of Basic Education | Teaching Vacancies ( in Seychelles )
Ministry of Education & Human Resource Development, Republic of Seychelles, in collaboration with Ministry of Basic Education, Republic of Botswana, is inviting applications from suitably qualified and experienced Teachers for 21 vacancies in Seychelles Secondary Schools starting in April 2019.
Applications are invited from Botswana Citizens only who are fifty-five (55) years and below for the following subject areas;
2 × English
3 × Mathematics
2 × Biology
2 × Chemistry
2 × Geography
3 × ICT
3 × Careers Guidance & Counselling
2 × Design & Technology
2 x Physics
The salary for all posts is SR117, 516.00 (USD8,372.64) per annum inclusive of income tax, depending on level of qualification and experience plus an inducement allowance of SR2000 (USD142.49) per month and a Supplementation Allowance of SR 4000.00 (USD284.98) per month. The salary and allowances are subject to an income tax. Monthly Salaries within the range of SR8555-SR10, 000 (USD609.51-USD712.46) are subject to 15% income tax per month. Monthly Salaries within the range of SR10, 001-SR83, 333 (USD712.54-USD5, 937.21) are subject to an income tax of SR20% per month.
· Free medical and health services for contract holder and family. Nevertheless a contribution of SR25 has to be made on the medication.
· Provide and pay full rental for furnished accommodation (apartment), appropriate to the size of the teacher’s family.
·Provide flight tickets for the family between Seychelles and Gaborone at the beginning and end of the contract. Excess baggage allowances up 25 kilos for the first time and 45 kilos upon completion of contract.
Bachelor’s Degree in Secondary Education/ First Degree in Relevant subject plus Post Graduate Diploma in Education (PGDE) or equivalent.
A minimum of three (3) years’ teaching experience
TERMS AND CONDITIONS:
All contracts with the Government of Seychelles are for two (2) years. Every two years the contract holder and his/ her spouse and up to two (2) children (under 18 years) receive free return air passage to home country.
Working hours will be approximately eight (8) hours per day Monday to Friday.
All other terms and conditions will be as per the Employment Regulations of the Republic of Seychelles.
· Must be a Secondary School Teacher in the Content subject Area.
· Teaching Subject being applied for MUST BE a Major Subject at First Degree Level.
· Should demonstrate students’ academic performance in the teaching area applying for.
· Must demonstrate ability to manage learners with special needs.
· Must demonstrate ability to manage classroom diversity.
· Must demonstrate ability to mix with communities of diverse socio- economic and cultural background.
· Must demonstrate ability to engage in extra curricula activities.
should quote the vacancy circular number and give the following details;
1. Full names, address and place of birth
2. Brief summary of career with duties ( Curriculum Vitae )
3. Certified copies of certificates together with their transcripts
4. Certified copy of the National Identity Card
5. Submit at least two (2 ) recent (not more than six months old) work related references confirming the required experience (please include contact details, names of present school and number of years served in the current post.
N.B: Applicants not called for either written or oral interviews should consider themselves unsuccessful and should not expect to be written regret letter(s).
All applications should be addressed to:
The Permanent Secretary
Ministry of Basic Education
(Teaching Service Administration)
Private Bag 00206, Gaborone
8th February 2019
For further information or any clarification regarding the advert, please contact Recruitment and Placement Office, at 3674555 and 3674531.