Debswana | Teacher Grade 1
Debswana Diamond Company - Orapa, Letlhakane and Damtshaa Mines would like to invite suitably qualified innovative, results oriented and self-driven individuals to apply for the positions listed and described below and join a professional team driven by service excellence, where the demands of the business are met by encouraging team work and addressing the needs of the individuals.
TEACHER GRADE 1
Tenable at: Orapa, Letlhakane and Damtshaa Mines
To contribute to the education of the whole child, attending to their intellectual, emotional, physical and social development.
· Diploma in Primary Education
· 3 years post qualification experience in teaching
· Recommends and incorporates cost saving initiatives into budgets and controls expenditure within approved parameters.
· Draws up yearly, termly and weekly plans of subject matter by complying with school subject policies and referring to the syllabus.
· Prepares lesson plans to achieve the desired objectives taking cognizance of available resources and equipment.
· Provides an effective and stimulating environment for education by maintaining teaching area in a neat, orderly condition.
· Manages all activities in the teaching area by arranging the seating of pupils and effective discipline.
· Researches the market to keep abreast with the latest trends in the field of teaching.
· Continuously assesses. records and appraises pupil's progress.
· Contributes to the fuller development of the child's potential through the medium of extra-mural activities by planning activities, arranging the necessary equipment and facilities, coaching and providing suitable opportunities for competition.
· Complies with all legal requirements pertaining to the teaching profession.
· Maintains a sound relationship with parents by means of formal and informal contact at meetings etc.
· Performs an array of administrative duties including keeping equipment inventory, scholar patrol ,marking attendance registers, writing reports
· Implements safety, health and environment programmes in area of responsibility
Only candidates who meet the above requirements need apply, enclosing a current Curriculum Vitae and certified copies of certificates.
Send applications to o-mall: recruitmentOLM@debswana.bw
Please reference OLDM0000681 respectively in the subject line on both the email and application letter.
Closing date: 18 August 2019
NB: Only short-listed candidates will be responded to.