Debswana | Teacher Grade 1 - Standard 7
Debswana Diamond Company - Jwaneng Mine would like to invite suitably qualified innovative, results oriented and self driven individuals to apply for the position listed and described below to join a professional team driven by service excellence, where the demands of the business are met by encouraging team work and addressing the needs of the individual.
TEACHER GRADE 1 - STANDARD 7
To contribute to the education of the whole child, attending to the intellectual, emotional, physical and social development of the child.
· Diploma/Degree in Education
· 3 years post qualification in teaching.
· 2 years experience in an English Medium environment will be an added advantage
KEY EFFECTIVENESS AREAS
· Recommends and incorporates cost saving initiatives into budgets and controls expenditure within approved parameters.
· Draws up yearly, termly and weekly plan of subject matter
· Prepares lesson plan to achieve the desired objectives taking cognizance of available resources and equipment.
· Provide an effective and stimulating environment for education
· Manages all activities in the library/teaching area.
· Teaches subjects across the curriculum based on topics dealt within the mainstream as integration to enhance specific learning areas.
· Devises appropriate teaching methods/approaches to develop skills such as research and study
· Continuously assesses records and appraise children's development
· Promotes reading, care and appreciation of books through activities such as book displays and demonstrations
· Complies with all legal requirements pertaining to the teaching profession, e.g marking the attendance register,responsibility for the safety of children placed within his/her care etc
· Maintain sound relationship with parents by means of formal occasion
· Perform an array of administrative duties
· Implements safety, health and environment programmes in the area of responsibility taking cognizance of all legal requirements
· Interpersonal skills
· Communication skills
· Customer Care
· Attention to detail
· Time Management
· Team Work
· Ability to grasp new concepts
Only candidates who meet the above requirements need to apply enclosing a current curriculum vitae and certified copies of certificates
Please indicate reference code in the subject line of on both the email and application letter
CLOSING DATE: 20 February 2019
NB: Only short listed candidates will be responded to