Botswana Qualifications Authority (BQA) | Switchboard Operator
Manage visitors, customers, calls and messages in a professional and efficient manner, and undertake related clerical duties.
· Direct the visitors and members of the public to the relevant staff member
· Respond to routine public inquiries
· Organise refreshments for visitors as necessary
· Receive, direct and relay phone and fax messages
· Ensure that telephone system is in order and report any problems to the service provider.
· Keep, update and deliver call register to Finance for totaling and further action
· Keep accurate sign-in/sign-out records for staff and visitors
· Processing and delivery of incoming and outgoing mails
· Sign for deliveries when necessary and notify recipients
· Assist in the reservation of meeting rooms for conference and meetings
· Provide word-processing and secretarial support as and when required
· Ensure that reception area is maintained clean, neat and tidy at all times
· Print and/or compile monthly telephone bills and circulate to departments
Key Performance Indicators
Promptly, accurately, professionally and courteously attend to calls and visitors
A minimum of BGCSE and a Certificate for a receptionist or switchboard operation course from a recognised institution or other relevant qualification acceptable to BQA.
5 years’ experience as a Receptionist or Telephone Operator.
· Computer literate.
· Experience with systems and applications in the specific work area
· Telephone operation, record-keeping, fast typing skills, customer care skills
· Organising and office management skills
· Communication and interpersonal skills
· Flexibility, dependability and dedication
· Compliance with procedures instructions, rules and regulations
· Service oriented and client focused
BQA offers a competitive remuneration package commensurate with the responsibilities and challenges of the job.
Terms of employment
Fixed term contract of 1-5 years for Managerial Positions and above and Permanent and Pensionable terms for officer positions and below.
Applications with CVs, list of referees and certified copies of certificates and Omang should be forwarded on or before Friday 14 December 2018 to:
The Chief Executive Officer
Botswana Qualifications Authority
Private Bag BO 340
Office No. S33 (2nd Floor)
Plot 66450, Block 7, Gaborone Tel: 365 7200
N.B. BQA shall only enter into correspondence with shortlisted candidates and shall not return any applications and associated documentation submitted by applicants.