Botswana Police Service | Special Constables
VACANCY CIRCULAR NO. 5 OF 2019
POLICE SPECIAL CONSTABLES
REF: Pol 39/1/3/3 XI (183)
Applications are invited from suitable candidates for the post of Police Special Constable. The positions are tenable at two Divisions of the Botswana Police Service;
SOUTH CENTRAL DIVISION, i.e. B/hurst (22)
· CPS (8)
· G/West (17)
· Tlokweng (11)
· Mogoditshane (3)
· Borakanelo (17)
· Ramotswa (5)
NORTHERN DIVISION, i.e. F/town (5)
· Kutlwano (1)
· Gerald (3)
· Tatitown (7)
· Masunga (10)
· Tshesebe (1)
· Dukwi (2)
· Sowa (1)
SALARY SCALE: B5 (P32, 592 – P38, 784)
LEAVE: 20 Working days per annum
i) Overtime Allowance at 20% of Basic Salary.
· Interested applicants should have BGCSE or IGSCE or better and should have attained at least 30 points with grade C or better in English Language.
· Be Botswana citizens.
· Be aged between 18-24 years.
· Be physically and mentally fit.
· Have no criminal record
· Be of good character
· Have no visible body marks (tattoos) while wearing police uniform
KEY RESULT AREAS
The Officer at this level is held accountable for the following Principal Outcomes:
· Reduced Crime
· Prevention of crime
· Law and order
· Public tranquility and Safety
· Customer satisfaction
· Road Safety
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF THE JOB:
To provide frontline policing services in an effort to maintain law and order.
Successful Candidates will be required to undergo Police Training for 6 weeks, and on completion carry out the functions of the Botswana Police Service as outlined in Section 6 of the Police Act Cap 21:01 of Botswana Laws:
• Protect Life and Property
• Prevent and Detect Crime
• Repress Internal Disturbances
• Maintain Security and Public tranquility
• Apprehend Offenders
• Bring offenders to justice
• Duly enforce all written laws with which the Botswana Police Service are directly charged and to generally maintain peace.
Applicants should quote this advert and provide:
• Full names, address, place and date of birth
• Brief summary of career with duties (CV)
• Certified copies of Educational Certificates, References and Omang.
• Contacts details; mobile phone / cellular or landline numbers where possible.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS: Successful candidates will be subjected to:
• A comprehensive Medical examination
• A comprehensive Physical Fitness examination
• Criminal vetting and
• Security vetting.
Applications should be addressed to:-
1. For Gaborone and surrounding areas:
Divisional Commander South Central
P.O Box 40928
Hand delivered to
Divisional Commander South Central, next to Broadhurst Police Station, at the Registry Office/ Records Management Office.
2. For Francistown and surrounding areas:
Divisional Commander North
P.O Box 41
Hand delivered to
Divisional Commander North, adjacent to Francistown Central Police Station, at the Registry Office/ Records Management Office.
CLOSING DATE: 10th May 2019
• Only shortlisted applicants will be responded to.
• Applicants who will not get a response will not have been successful and should therefore not call
For further information please contact: Ms. B. Monnamorwa - 5336204
and Mr. J. Sehlupheki - 5336272