BITRI | Software Developer (UI/UX Design)
Contract: 5 Years
The Botswana Institute for Technology, Research and Innovation (BITRI), is an established science and technology research institute whose mandate is to undertake research, identify and or develop appropriate technologies in line with national priorities and needs of Botswana.
As a Software Developer (UI/UX Design) at BITRI, you work closely with the Business Analyst, Product Manager, Quality Assurance, Software Architects, and Development teams to produce quality software that meets our client needs. The Software Developer (UI/UX Design) will manage the UI/UX design process and will serve as the liaison between the Business Analyst, Project Manager, Developers and the end-users to deliver industry-leading solutions.
Some of the responsibilities will include:
• Investigating and implementing user experience design requirements for ALL IST projects
• Developing and conceptualizing a comprehensive UI/UX design strategy for IST projects
• Producing high quality UX design solutions through wireframes, visual and graphic designs, flow diagrams, storyboards, site maps, and prototypes.
• Designing UI elements and tools such as navigation menus, search boxes, tabs, and widgets for ALL IST projects
• Testing UI elements such as CTAs, banners, page layouts, page designs, page flows, and target links for landing pages
• Collaborating with the marketing team, and internal and external designers to ensure the creation and delivery of tailored experiences for end-users
• Providing advice and guidance on the implementation of UX research methodologies and testing activities in order to analyze and predict user behavior
• Adhering to style standards on typography and graphic design
Academic and Professional Qualifications
• A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, Software Engineering, or any equivalent qualification acceptable to BITRI is required.
• Relevant professional certifications will be an added advantage during the selection process.
A minimum of 2 years UI/UX design industry experience. Preferred candidate should be able to demonstrate knowledge or experience with:
• Interaction design principles
• Requirements elicitation tools and techniques
• Professional UI/UX design work for both web and mobile platforms
• Working knowledge of UX software such as Sketch, Adobe XD, Axure, Justinmind, or OmniGraffle to create site maps, wireframes, user flows, and prototypes
• Front-end framework – Bootstrap, Angular JS and Angular 7
• Spring/Hibernate Framework
• Agile development process and related tools
Personal Qualities & Behavioral Traits
• User-centric mindset
• Good communication skills, ability and interest to work across a range of different programmes, good organizational skills, attention to detail and ability to work independently.
• Ability to work under tight schedules and work beyond prescribed working-hours.
• Eagerness to learn, work and train colleagues with passion
• Good project management skills
• Multi-tasking and time-management skills, with the ability to prioritize tasks
Job Closing Date: 22 April 2020
APPLY FOR THIS JOB