Feed Centre Botswana & Opti Feeds Botswana | Safety Health and Environment officer (x2)
Feed Centre Botswana & Opti Feeds Botswana invites suitably qualified, experienced, result-oriented citizens of Botswana for the position of Safety Health and Environment officer (x2) tenable in Gaborone.
SAFETY, HEALTH AND ENVIRONMENT OFFICER JOB PROFILE
The responsibilities of the job include, but are not limited to the following.
• Lay out a vision for safety.
• Identify and monitor hazardous situations, often including risk categorization.
• Minimize hazards and proactively reduce risk in the workplace.
• Communicate and collaborate about safety and health throughout the organization.
• Create and track safety-related objectives, metrics, and goals for the organization
• Enforce safety standards and processes in line with Covid-19.
• Ensure proper PPE for all employees and visitors as per covid-19 regulations and industrial act.
• Create and share a formal Occupational Health and Safety Policy.
• Conduct toolbox meetings and other ongoing learning opportunities for staff.
• Management of Occupational Health and Safety to ensure Opti Feeds Botswana meets provisions of Botswana Factories Act.
• Continuous improvement of health and safety systems at factory.
• Leadership of all safety related initiatives on site including walk-abouts and meetings.
• Enforcement and promotion of safe working procedures at all times.
• Coaching and feedback to both line and customer departments.
• Work in day time and be available to meet call-out requirements.
• Lead in terms of promotion of basic quality systems at factory.
• Promote good industrial practices relating to employee health and wellness.
KEY SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
• Carrying out post incident analysis.
• Knowledge of good safety practices.
• Ability to maintain effective work relationships with people from all social backgrounds.
• Knowledge of first aid methods and techniques.
• Ability to work on own initiative.
• Knowledge of Microsoft packages.
• Physically fit and able to walk around for long periods of time.
• Good timekeeping and attendance record.
• At least 1 year in manufacturing environments or supply chain management role.
• A Diploma or Degree in Occupational health and safety or equivalent
Interested applicants for this position must be accompanied by comprehensive CV's, educational certificates, ID's.
Applications must be forwarded to:
Att: Human Capital Manager
Private Bag B0125
Closing Date: 25th May 2020
We regret to inform that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.