Debswana | SHE Officer
Debswana Diamond Company - Jwaneng Mine would like to invite suitably qualified innovative, results oriented and self-driven individuals to apply for the position listed and described below and join a professional team driven by service excellence, where the demands of the business are met by encouraging team work and addressing the needs of the individual.
Ref no: JWNG000436
To facilitate and guide the implementation of the SHE programme and ensure compliance with standards, relevant legislation and SHE requirements for Projects.
· Degree in Safety Management, Occupational Health. Environmental Science or related.
· 3 years Experience in SHE in a relevant industry.
Pre Appointment Training
· SHE Management Systems OHSAS 18001/ISO 14001.
· Microsoft Office (Word. Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
Key Effectiveness Areas
· Facilitates risk assessments, analyzing the results thereof, to determine trends and come up with action plans to minimize and mitigate the identified risk.
· Monitors the implementation of emergency procedures to minimize the impact of disaster in area of responsibility (Fire and SHE).
· Facilitates Investigations incidents and accidents to determine causes and develop with action plans to avoid recurrence.
· Conducts regular SHE & risk audits and inspections in area of responsibility.
· Assisting customers with interpretation of relevant legislation. policies, procedures and standards.
· Facilitates the implementation, monitoring and maintenance of the SHE management systems by advising on documents control, records control, closure of audits, objectives and targets and programmes as well as departmental review.
· Assists in facilitating usage of ISOMetrix and monitors an updated ISOMetrix usage for analyzing and monitoring SHE key indicators trends.
· Implements programmes to induce behavior changes with regards to SHE that will prevent injuries and repeats.
· Facilitates training and awareness to improve SHE performance and compliance to requirements.
· Assists in formulating communication plan and topics for discussion to improve employee and management awareness.
· Generates reports to demonstrate SHE performance and actions required to improve SHE performance.
Competencies Achievement Orientation
· Judgment and Decision Making Planning, Coordination and Execution
· Adaptability Innovation
· Impact & Influence
· Innovation Concern for Safety, Health and the Environment Service Orientation
· Building Partnerships
· Teamwork and Collaboration
Only candidates who meet the above requirements need apply, enclosing a current Curriculum Vitae and certified copies of certificates.
Send applications to e-mail: recruitmentJWN@debswana.bw Please indicate reference number respectively in the subject line on both the email and application letter.
Closing date: 23 January 2020