The Ministry of Investment, Trade and Industry (MITI) | Senior Records Assistant II
REF: TI 4/7/1 II (25)
VACANCY CIRCULAR NO. 13 OF 2019
The Ministry of Investment, Trade and Industry (MITI) seeks the services of a highly motivated, experienced and self-driven Botswana citizens to fill the following vacant position in the Department for Co-operative Development, tenable in Gaborone.
VACANCY: SENIOR RECORDS ASSISTANT II
B1 SALARY SCALE
MAIN PURPOSE OF THE JOB:
To process mail and manage current and semi current records.
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS:
· Receive, sorts, registers, and dispatches mail;
· Sorts and arranges archival material;
· Monitors circulation of mail;
· Conducts and monitors file census survey;
· Provides guidance to the closure and opening of new files;
· Arranges files according to classification scheme;
· Maintains current and semi current file register;
· Marking of mail to relevant action officers; and
· Implement Document Workflow Management System.
· Certificate in Archives and Records Management from a recognized Institution.
· Applicants must have at least 2 years of relevant work experience or satisfactory performance as Records Assistant (B2/3) or equivalent level in a Parastatal or Private Organization.
KEY COMPETENCIES REQUIRED
· Functional/ Technical Skills
· Customer Focus
· Action Oriented
· Time Management
· Problem Solving
· Integrity and Trust
· Peer Relationships
SALARY SCALE: B1 (P67, 116 - P80, 172)
LEAVE: 20 working days per annum
Optional Contributory Medical Aid Scheme (Government pays 50% and Employee pays 50%).
Contributory Pension Fund Scheme (Government pays 15% and the employee 5%).
Applicants should quote the position applied for and the vacancy circular number and provide:
I. Certified copies of Certificates;
II. Certified copy of National Identity card (Omang);
III. Curriculum Vitae;
IV. Date of first appointment, present position, salary scale and date of appointment thereto;
V. References from at least two referees which must not be more than 6 months old; and
VI. Copy of recent pay slip in case of Private/Parastatal organisation employees.
Applications from serving Public Officers should be routed through Heads of Departments and Permanent Secretaries. Applications not so routed will not be considered.
Applicants who do not meet the minimum requirements will not be responded to.
Applications should be addressed to:
Ministry of Investment, Trade and Industry
Private Bag 004
Hand Delivered to: Office Number 440, Fourth Floor
For more information, contact:
Ms. O. Molebo tel: 3601257 or Ms. D. Tadubana tel: 3601337
CLOSING DATE: 22 July 2019