Independent Electoral Commission (IEC) | Senior Personal Secretary
REF NO: IEC 4/34/1
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for the below mentioned positions tenable at IEC head office in Gaborone;
1. VACANCY CIRCULAR NO. 1 OF 2019
VACANCY: SENIOR PERSONAL SECRETARY
SALARY: C1 (P172 152.00 - P144 072.00) per annum
LEAVE: 30 working days per annum.
· Optional contributory Medical Aid Scheme (Government pays 50% and Employee pays 50%).
· Contributory Pension Fund Scheme (Government pays 15% and Employee pays 5%).
· National Diploma in Secretarial Studies (NDSS) or Higher National Diploma in Secretarial Studies (HNDSS)
· A minimum of four (4) years relevant experience in the Public Service or equivalent in the Private Sector or in a Parastatal Organization, two (2) years of which should have been served at C2 level as Personal Secretary or equivalent.
MAIN PURPOSE OF THE JOB
To provide secretarial and administrative duties to the Senior Manager, Corporate Services.
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS
· Make appointments for people requesting an audience with the supervisor, ensuring that appointments do not coincide.
· Reminds the supervisor of the scheduled meetings and makes relevant files/ documents before the meeting.
· Makes travel arrangements by booking flights and/or hotel accommodation, having imprest applied for or retired.
· Intercepts telephone calls to supervisor and identifies caller and purpose of call.
· Receives calls and directs them to the appropriate action officers.
· Sets up and maintains filling and information for the office systems.
· Types correspondence memoranda, personnel directives
· Produce copies from original scripts.
· Drafts replies to inquiries and issues standard replies as directed by supervisor.
· Scans documents
· Faxes document to relevant customers
· Takes and transcribes shorthand dictation
KEY COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS
· Integrity and Trust
· Time Management
· Customer focus
· Written Communication
· Drive for results
APPLICATIONS: Please quote the circular number and give the following details:
1. Full names, postal address, date and place of birth
2. Certified copies of Omang and Academic Certificates
3. In case of serving Public Officers, date of first appointment, present post, salary scale and date of appointment to the post
4. Brief summary of career with duties (Curriculum Vitae) and competencies.
5. At least two recent work related references (Not more than 6 months old)
6. In case of applicants from Parastatals or Private Sector Organisations, please provide a statement of Salary (either per month or per annum)
NB: All applications from serving public officers should be routed through their Heads of Departments and Permanent Secretaries (Accounting Officers). Applications not so routed will not be considered.
Only shortlisted applicants will be responded to. No emailed or faxed documents will be considered.
Applicants should be addressed to:
Independent Electoral Commission or Hand delivered to Independent
P/Bag 00284 Electoral Commission
Gaborone Record Management Unit, 1st floor, Office No.109
Plot 63726, Fairground Office Park
For further information please contact the Human Resource office at Telephone No: 3612400
CLOSING DATE: 15th FEBRUARY 2019