Senior Executive Secretary | Ministry of Transport & Communications
VACANCY CIRCULAR NO. 12 OF 2019
Ref: MT&C 4/8/2 IV (31) 23 August 2019
SENIOR EXECUTIVE SECRETARY – D3
Applications are invited from talented, decisive and self-driven qualified citizens of Botswana to fill the above vacancy tenable at the Ministry of Transport and Communications - Headquarters.
MAIN PURPOSE OF THE JOB:
To provide secretarial and administrative services to the Honorable Minister/Accounting Officer.
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS:
1. Maintains the supervisor’s diary and schedules appointments and meetings using own initiative based on personal knowledge of their workload and importance of issues to be discussed.
2. Receives all visitors’ telephone calls, ascertains the nature of calls and determines appropriate action.
3. Reminds supervisor on matters to be considered before the scheduled meeting and makes available relevant files and documents before the meeting.
4. Arranges hotel and travel reservations for Permanent Secretary/Minister in consultation with them and ensures that all necessary documents and related material required for such travels are in order.
5. Prepares all utility bills for the Permanent Secretary/ Minister and ensures that they are settled in time to avoid late payment and disconnections.
6. Takes minutes for Senior Management Team meeting, prepares action sheets and ensures follow-up action is taken by responsible officers.
7. Keeps confidential files, correspondences, other related documents and safeguarding classified material for the ministry.
· Customer Focus
· Ethics and values
· Integrity and Trust
· Peer relationships
· Interpersonal Savvy
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: Twenty- four months contract.
QUALIFICATIONS: National Diploma in Secretarial Studies (NDSS) Higher National Diploma in Secretarial studies (HNDSS).
SALARY SCALE: D3 (P235, 692-260, 208) per annum
LEAVE: 30 Working days per annum
BENEFITS: Optional contributory Medical Aid Scheme (Government pays 50% and employee pays 50%). A gratuity at the rate of 30% payable upon expiry of the contract.
APPLICATIONS: Please quote the position and vacancy circular on the email subject, and submit your CV only to firstname.lastname@example.org.
OR The Permanent Secretary Ministry of Transport and Communications P/Bag 00414 Gaborone Or hand deliver to Physical Address: Ministry of Transport and Communications Westgate Mall, Records Management Unit, Ground Floor.
(PLEASE QUOTE POSITION AND VACANCY CIRCULAR NUMBER ON THE ENVELOPE) Applicants who do not meet the minimum requirements will not be responded to.
For any enquiries contact Recruitment & Selection division at 3612048/3625513/3612000.
Closing Date: 11 October 2019