TechnoServe | Senior Business Advisor
Title: Senior Business Advisor
Reports to: Hub Manager
Travel: 80% Domestic
I. TechnoServe Background
TechnoServe works with enterprising people in the developing world to build competitive farms, businesses and industries. We are a nonprofit organization that develops business solutions to poverty by linking people to information, capital and markets. With more than four decades of proven results, we believe in the power of private enterprise to transform lives.
II. Program Description
In Botswana, TechnoServe implements an enterprise development program called Tokafala, which focuses on helping existing micro, small and medium enterprises in Botswana to grow their businesses. We offer:
• Entrepreneurship training
• Personalised business mentorship covering all aspects of business
• Market access support
• Youth Entrepreneurship Development
III. Position Description
The Senior Business Advisor will be responsible for providing advisory and mentoring support services activities to SMMEs that are participating in the program.
IV. Roles and Responsibilities
• Be the lead Business Advisor on the advisory cycles run out of Gaborone and Francistown and other 10 Hubs around the country, including managing the enrolment process, the logistics of the workshops and updating of relevant forms and databases.
• Provide mentorship and advisory support to allocated clients
• Support the Hub Manager in defining and rolling out the marketing and promotion of the program, including pro-actively sourcing new applicants
• Represent the program and its partners as needed.
• Keep timely and accurate records of advisory and mentorship provided
• Ensure adherence to branding guidelines established by the Tokafala program and partners
• Support the HM facilitate annual sector events for the focus VCs. Events for VCs with supplier development potential will include Supplier Roundtables
• Facilitate and coach promising VC suppliers to present to buyers at Supplier Roundtables.
• Lead participatory diagnostic assessments and work with the SMME to develop or adjust their business plans.
• Mentor SMMEs to develop and implement their business plans.
• Help enterprises deepen their understanding of the demands of their targeted market(s) and adjust their product and marketing plans accordingly. In some cases, the VC analyses may identify unmet needs or potential in the market, which BAs will support enterprises to pursue.
V. Minimum Requirements
• Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Business Administration, Finance, Marketing or other relevant area
• Minimum of three years of relevant experience in business administration, business development, finance and/or marketing
• Private sector experience and deep knowledge of Botswana’s business environment
• Experience in mentoring and business training
• Proven ability to develop business plans
• Ability to quickly grasp the financial health and business needs of a company
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
• Strong interpersonal skills; excellent oral and written communication skills
• Strong skills in VC analyses and implementation
• Computer Skills (MS Office)
Interested candidates should forward their CVs, salary history and certificates to gro.snt@sbojanawstob not later than 10th November 2020.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.