Northern Air Maintenance | Security Officer
Northern Air Maintenance is an Approved Aircraft Maintenance Organization based at Maun International Airport maintaining 20-odd aircraft flying into the Okavango Delta and the region. It has approval by Botswana, Namibia, Zambia and Zimbabwe Civil Aviation Authorities. Northern Air Maintenance currently employs 59 staff of which more than 20 are qualified and licensed Aircraft Maintenance Engineers. It has a well-established Avionics Workshop which includes the only Civil Aircraft Instrument Overhaul workshop in Botswana. We are looking for a highly motivated, energetic and dedicated individual with a passion and proven experience in the aviation maintenance management arena. The applicant will be based in Maun, Botswana and should be prepared to travel into remote areas from time to time.
PURPOSE OF THE JOB
The Security Officer ensures that Northern Air Maintenance operates in accordance with the Civil Aviation Act, 2011 Aviation Security Act, 2011 and Aviation Security (General) Regulations 2013. The Security Officer recommends, coordinates and implements Northern Air Maintenance security measures in line with approved internal safety policies, standards, practices and programmes including the Emergency Response Plan.
BRIEF DESCRIPTION OF POSITION
• Monitoring of the NAM CCTV and alarm systems by responding to sited incidents and emergencies.
• Providing security related assistance to NAM personnel and third parties at NAM facilities.
• Preparing Incident/Occurrence Reports concerning security breaches and unusual circumstances, incidents or events that directly involve safety/security or AMO operational issues.
• Initiating NAM specific security training program to promote security awareness
• Submitting reports on unusual events that threaten the security of the facilities, aircraft or endangers life or property.
• Taking reasonable counteraction to save lives and property, or lessen danger, at the same time maintaining the safety of the Security Officer and remaining alert during any emergencies.
• Maintaining checklists and checkpoints throughout assigned shifts.
• Assisting to investigate incidents or accidents, through populating data into the standard incident reporting system as well as providing photographs and diagrams.
• Communicating with persons desiring entrance to restricted areas, examining their authorization to the areas and prohibiting unauthorized persons as directed.
• Questions and records verbal or written statements of participants and eyewitnesses of incidents such as personal injury, damage to customers’ aircraft or NAM property, fire, or theft.
• Fully embrace security/safety training programs to enhance their aviation security knowledge at all times.
• Diploma in Criminal justice or any related field.
• Valid driver’s license and clean driving record necessary.
• Must be able to pass a Criminal History Record Check.
• Proven theoretical and practical experience in the Aviation Security principles and procedures.
• Proficiency in MS Office with emphasis on Excel.
• Possession of an Aviation Security Management Course will be an advantage
• A minimum of 5 years’ experience in aviation security functions or a reasonable time as deemed sufficient by the Authority, working within the aviation environment.
• Proven knowledge of the Civil Aviation Regulations of Botswana.
• Ability to handle typical and crisis situations efficiently and effectively at client site.
• Should have knowledge of national, regional and international civil aviation security legislation
• Demonstration of good managerial/supervisory skills.
• Attention to detail.
• Ability to build effective teams.
• Must be knowledgeable on the following key areas:
a) Global overview of aviation security
b) Human factors in security operations;
c) Relevant international conventions;
d) Relevant national legislation and regulations;
e) Threat assessment, risk assessment and management;
f) Security technologies and techniques.
• Proficiency in reading, writing and speaking English and ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing for the purpose of public interaction and report writing.
• Ability to provide quality customer service.
• Outstanding interpersonal and communications skills required.
• Experience at senior level in other security-related fields such as law enforcement would be an added advantage.
Only candidates who meet the above requirements need to apply by following the link below:
CLICK HERE TO APPLY
Closing Date: 28 February 2020