BIUST | Safety Health & Environment Officer x3
REF: PPCF 20/01
The University is looking for qualified and experienced individuals for the below stated position; Successful candidates will be appointed on a fixed-term contract.
Main Purpose of the Job
To develop and recommend the adoption of Safety, Health & Environment policies and programmes designed to ensure compliance to statutory requirements and standards by the University. To ensure a safe and healthy working and learning environment for BIUST staff, students, contractors and visitors by proactively promoting a safety culture that limits operational risks; and To encourage environmental management practices that will minimise environmental impacts and aspects of the university’s operation.
Qualifications and Experience
• A minimum of a Degree in Occupational Hygiene/Occupational Health & Safety/Environmental Health/Environmental Science or related area.
• At least three (3) years post qualification experience in the development and implementation of occupational health and safety policies and procedures and advising on environmental management practices in a large organisation.
• Knowledge and experience in implementing requirements of OHSAS 18001/ISO 45001/ISO 14001/ISO 9001/ISO 2200 & ISO 1725 will be an added advantage.
• Innovative and Initiative
• Analytical thinking
• Pro-active and assertive
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills
• Ability to quickly gain a working knowledge of new concepts and technologies
• Team leadership skills
• Organisational skills
• Results and performance driven
• Team player
The University offers an attractive package, commensurate with qualification and experience.
If you meet the requirements of the above stated position, please send your application letter and detailed Curriculum Vitae including at least two
(2) recent professional referees to; Director, Human Resources at the email address below.
For any further enquiries, you may call Mr. Abram@ 4931310.
NB: Only shortlisted candidates will be responded to.
CLOSING DATE: JUNE 19, 2020