Get more job listings at: www.adcentralbotswana.com/Jobs
GABCON | Receive & Dispatch Officer
GABCON, an inland dry port and container terminal, that aims to be a modern container hub and the leading logistics provider, invites suitably qualified, dynamic and results oriented Batswana to join its team in pursuit of an aggressive strategic business plan, in the following role;
Receive & Dispatch Officer
The successful candidate will be responsible for checking and accounting for all containers enroute, received and stored in the terminal and ensures expeditious and safe loading/offloading of rail wagons as per standard operating procedures. In addition the incumbent will be responsible for the following, among other roles;
• Checks the condition of containers, verifies and records seal numbers and writes discrepancy reports as well as attach seals for shipment with “no seals” to ensure security of cargo.
• Compiles Arrival list (inspection report) of containers, Dispatch lists and forwards copies of lists to supervisor, Sales, Operations Manager, Shipping lines and Finance.
• Removes labels from wagons, invoices and all related documents and submits to supervisor.
• Prepares and reconciles a daily yard list by physical stock updates in the terminal (daily stock take).
• Monitors and reconciles containers stock on weekly and monthly basis to ensure accurate accounting for the containers (full and empty containers).
• Captures Arrival list, Outgoing list & Container Movements into the system which accounts for both Rail and Road movements.
• Uses Freight Terminal Orders (FTO) and/or export Container Terminal Order (CTO) to prepare loading list and gives loading instructions to the Reach Stacker Operators by this documentation.
• Tracks and monitors daily container movements through NAVIS system.
Qualifications & experience
• National Diploma or any recognized qualification in Terminal Logistics/Transport Logistics, Supply Chain Management or related field.
• At least Three (3) years minimum work experience in transport & logistics, supply chain or related environment
• Knowledge & understanding of the use of MS suite, Cargo tracking Systems
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
If you believe you are the right person for this job, please send copies of your application letter, detailed curriculum vitae and certificates to:not later than 24th June 2020
Human Resources Manager
Po Box 504271
Thanks for visiting www.adcentralbotswana.com