| JB Sports | Purchasing & Supply Manager
JB SPORTS is a local retail company established in the year 1994. The company has developed from a sports shop to a successful fashion and Lifestyle retail store. We are currently looking for a PURCHASING AND SUPPLY MANAGER to join our team.
Overall Job Function
To plan, organize. manage and control the procurement and supplies functions for the organization to ensure that the Company sources quality goods and services effectively and provides the same to the user Departments in the same condition at the right time.
Responsibilities of Role
· Develop quantity and cost estimates for required products complete timely probable estimates of costs and quantities using comparative and differential estimating techniques. Responsible for filing and/or distributing contract documents.
· Responsible for recruiting and selecting superior suppliers.
· Responsible for negotiating prices. terms and rebates with suppliers and manufactures (cost effective purchasing of goods).
· Ensure that all trade contractors are under formal agreement (agreement with price and scopes of work).
· Ensure that all necessary documentation has been collected from vendors and trades prior to start of work (i.e. company registration. tax clearance etc).
· Continually look into innovative products. techniques and changes in the industry
· Commercial awareness
· Ability to make decisions
· Ability to cope with pressure
· Numeric skills
· IT skills (report writing and presentation)
· Good team working skills
· Interpersonal skills. particularly in negotiating
· Effective organizational skills
Qualifications and Experience
· Degree in Supply Chain and Materials Management or equivalent
· At least 5 years post qualification experience in Procurement and Supplies Management
JB sports offers a competitive and market related remuneration, commensurate with qualification and experience for the deserving Candidate. Submit a detailed CV with all the relevant documents (qualifications, references and certificates) at:
GABORONE INTERNATIONAL COMMERCE PARK
PLOT 41, UNIT 5
or email: email@example.com on or before 30th April 2019.
ADDRESS TO: THE HR MANAGER JEISPORTS GROUP P.O. BOX 21102, GABORONE