Morupule Coal Mine | Production Manager
MORUPULE COAL MINE IS A COAL MINING COMPANY IN BOTSWANA SITUATED 14 KILOMETRES WEST OF PALAPYE ALONG SEROWE/PALAPYE ROAD AND MINES COAL PRIMARILY FOR GENERATION OF ELECTRICITY IN BOTSWANA. THE COMPANY SEEKS TO INVITE SUITABLY QUALIFIED AND EXPERIENCED CITIZEN CANDIDATES FOR THE FOLLOWING POSITION:-
Reporting directly to the General Manager, the Production Manager position is responsible for strategic and operational leadership and management to meet the short, medium and long term production goals, objectives and targets in a safe and cost efficient manner.
• Bachelor's Degree in Mining or equivalent qualification from a recognised institution coupled with a minimum of ten years' experience in a mining environment of which five years must have been at Senior Management level.
• Valid Underground Blasting License
• Knowledge of SHE management systems (ISO 14001: 2015 & ISO 45001: 2018)
• Manages production risks and ensures safe working conditions
• Plans and coordinates production activities to meet objectives identified in the strategic plan.
• Interprets operational requirements and integrates with production needs to ensure availability of financial resources to meet business objectives.
• Approves and monitors the utilization of allocated funds to enable the attainment of commercial objectives
• Develops the Mine's production strategic plan, taking cognizance of the Mine's vision and relevant legislation to ensure alignment
• Manages the utilization and availability of assets and resources to meet production targets
• Formulates and coordinates the medium to long term production strategy
• Develops and implements production policies, procedures and standards for the mine and technical work performed in the department and the Mine.
• Ensures that employees are selected, deployed, trained, evaluated and rewarded in compliance with existing employee management systems.
• Coaches, counsels, disciplines and develops subordinate employees.
• Identifies and manages the implementation and adherence to legal and corporate governance principles/requirements
• Formulates and promotes adherence to and promote safety, health and environmental policies and procedures
• Initiates, monitors and controls medium to long term projects to address challenges within functional sphere and ensures seamless interface with project functions for attainment of desired results
• Identifies and liaises with key stakeholders to ensure achievement of business objectives
• Adaptability (Flexibility)
• Commercial Acumen
• Customer Orientation
• Decision-making (Decisiveness & Accountability)
• Driving for results
• Facilitating change & continuous improvement
• Knowledge of Fiery Mines Emergency Preparedness systems
• Knowledge of underground mining techniques and methods
• Knowledge of Mine ventilation techniques and Geotechnical solutions.
We offer a competitive salary package. Prospective candidates must be medically and physically fit and willing to work in an Underground Coal Mining Environment and meet demanding schedules. Candidates who meet the above requirements need to apply with copies of certified certificates and comprehensive curriculum vitae addressed to:
Human Resources Advisor - Services
Morupule Coal Mine
Private Bag 35 PALAPYE
Closing date: 29 May 2020
PLEASE DO NOT RESPOND THROUGH FAX AND NOTE THAT RESPONSES WILL ONLY BE MADE TO APPLICANTS CONSIDERED FOR INTERVIEW.