Botswana Stock Exchange Limited (BSEL) | Product Development Specialist
The Botswana Stock Exchange Limited (BSEL) is one of the leading exchanges in Southern Africa and plays an increasingly important role in the country's economic development by meeting the growing demand for investment products and access to capital. The BSEL wishes to recruit a dynamic professional to join the Product Development Department and help contribute to the development of Botswana's capital market.
PRODUCT DEVELOPMENT SPECIALIST
To assists in the initiation and carrying out of research and prepare detailed recommendations for the development of the Exchange through the development of new products and services in consultation with the Head of Product Development which will enhance the risk-return options offered by the BSEL and contribute to enhancing market capitalisation and liquidity.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE POSITION WILL INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING:
· Provides research and technical input assistance for the development of new products and instruments (e.g. securitised products, index-based products, Contracts for Difference (CFD) and real estate products).
· Contributes to the review and drafting of listings rules, trading rules, clearing and settlement procedures, risk management rules for new products and solicits comments and input from other departments as directed by the Head.
· Assists in the formulation of capital market indices.
· Assists in soliciting stakeholder needs pertaining to the introduction of products and instruments (e.g. functioning of the Bond Market).
· Assists in preparing periodic reports and updates on performance analysis and trends in capital markets for review and submission to MFED, NBFIRA, WFE, ASEA, SSE and BSEL Board by the Head.
· Maintains and updates the BSE market statistics database and disseminates all daily updates ( e.g. bond indices)
· Assists in the compilation and maintenance of a database of capital markets related information including those of competitor Exchanges.
· Contributes to the maintenance of the BSEL library.
· Analytical skills
· Creativity and Innovation skills
· Communication skills
· Advocacy and Negotiation skills
· Quality Results oriented
· Attention to detail
· Planning and organizing
· Technical Expertise
· Applicants should have Bachelors' degree in Commerce, Finance, Economics or related field.
· At least five (5) years relevant post qualification experience in corporate finance or investment management services with strong research and communication skills.
· Experience in an Exchange would be an added advantage.
If you meet the requirements of the above position, please email your CV, Certificates and the names of two non-related referees to:
Head of Finance and Administration Botswana Stock Exchange Limited
Applications should reach the Botswana Stock Exchange Limited on or before 25th January 2019.