BEC | Product Development Officer -Two Positions (15 Months’ Contract)
Main purpose of the job
To plan, organize and coordinate the development of quality assessment procedures and instruments for a subject to ensure valid and reliable assessment of the candidates at all levels of examinations
Key Performance Areas
1. Match between assessment procedures/syllabuses, assessment instruments and the curriculum.
2. Availability of assessment procedures/syllabuses, test blueprints, test plans, grade descriptors, specimen papers.
3. Availability of quality question papers and mark schemes
4. Consistency of standards.
5. Availability of trained setters and moderators.
6. Provision of technical advice during standardization and marking.
7. Availability of examination reports.
8. Minimal queries on question papers.
9. Up- to- date item banks.
10. Availability of historical records and archived scripts.
11. Security and confidentiality of question papers.
12. Compliance with quality assurance standards.
Bachelor’s Degree and a professional qualification in Education or equivalent qualification.
A minimum of six (6) years teaching experience at least two (2) of which should have been at a senior level.
· Analytical skills
· Initiative and innovative
· Communication skills
· Team leadership skills
· Editorial skills
· Interpersonal skills
· Technical Expertise
BEC offers a competitive package commensurate with the candidate’s qualifications and experience.
Suitably qualified candidates are invited to submit their Applications, detailed and updated curriculum vitae, names of two (2) referees which must be work related and certified copies of certificates by 11th October 2019 to:
Director Human Resources
Botswana Examinations Council
KT Motsete Road P/Bag 0070
Telephone no: 365 0700
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Applications with incomplete documentation or which are sent via email, facsimile or received after the closing date will not be considered.