Botswana Open University | Procurement Officer
BOU is looking for a highly motivated, strategically minded and solution driven individual who can work in a multicultural environment with a track record of experience in his/her areas of specialisation for the position of Procurement Officer.
Main purpose of the Job
Assist in the procurement of goods and services for the University following the laid down procurement procedures to ensure the efficiency and effectiveness of different operations.
Key Performance Areas
• Assists in the purchase of goods and services required for University operations in accordance with policies and standards to promote efficiency and effectiveness.
• Engages with suppliers to request for quotations for required goods and services to ensure purchase requests are compliant with the University procurement standards.
• Assists staff with preparing requisitions of special requirements and guides the choice of appropriate suppliers who meet the specifications sought to ensure effective procurement.
• Communicates with suppliers to facilitate delivery of required materials, deals with damaged goods and responds to delayed payments or any related matter to ensure efficient and effective management of materials.
• Receives goods from suppliers and physically verifies them to ensure that they conform to the University requirements and are stored safely before being dispatched to users.
• Enters received goods into the University system in accordance with laid down standards before forwarding the invoices to the relevant office for processing of payment.
• Issue goods to staff and maintains stock cards in accordance with University policy in order to monitor consumption of goods and to maintain a traceable record of distribution.
Qualification & Experience
• Degree in Purchasing or related field, or professional qualification such as CIPS (MCIPS)
• At least 3 years of experience in procurement environment
• Thorough knowledge of University materials and products
• Knowledge of supply chain management principles
• Good organising skills
• Excellent negotiation skills
• Computer literacy
BOU offers a competitive salary package for qualified/ competent candidates.
Interested persons who meet the above stated requirements should send or hand deliver their applications together with copies of their Curriculum Vitae, relevant certified copies of certificates and two recent references to:
Botswana Open University
Private Bag BO 187
Closing date: 12th October 2020
Find jobs and sell on www.adcentralbotswana.com