Botswana National Olympic Committee (BNOC) | Procurement Officer
The Botswana National Olympic Committee (BNOC) is looking for highly motivated, dynamic and qualified individual to join their team as Procurement Officer. To coordinate procurement and supply of goods for day to day office use, working within laid down policies and procedures.
• Develops and implements procurement and supplies guidelines and procedures and provides guidance to ascertain that departments adhere to the laid down procedures.
• Prepares tender documents for selection of suppliers of various item in conjunction with concerned users.
• Provides technical advice to Tender Committees in the selection of suppliers.
• Plays role of Secretary to Tender Committees, convening meetings and recording minutes of proceedings during the tendering process.
• Maintains a data base of approved suppliers of various items and provide guidance as may be required by various internal customers.
• Receives goods from suppliers, and quality checks product specifications for compliance with user specifications.
• Maintains an inventory of consumable stock items, ensuring that re-order levels are observed to avoid running out of stock: undertakes periodic stock takes of supplies handled by the users.
• Ensures timely issuance of supplies to users upon request, following laid down procedures, and ensures maintenance of records of goods supplied.
• Develops guidelines and procedures for asset disposal and provide guidance in line with Finance and Tender Committee guidelines.
• Maintains up to date list of goods for disposal taking into account serviceability and shelf life items.
• Coordinates disposal of obsolete goods through public auctions and other laid down procedures from time to time.
• Liaises with the Finance Department to ensure that suppliers are paid within the stipulated timeframes.
• Sets up effective and secure systems for receiving, storing and issuing inventory, thereby minimizing opportunities for loss/pilferage;
• Procures office consumables and supplies of a suitable quality, ensuring compliance with BNOC purchasing policies and procedures;
• Liaises with the Accounts Officer on the payment of suppliers, in addition to expediting payment queries;
• Assists with general administration work.
• Undertakes such other duties as directed by Supervisor.
• Minimum Diploma in Material and Supply Management and/or full qualification with Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Suppliers (CIPS).
• At least five years experience in the purchasing and supplies field
Job Closing Date: 27 July 2020
CLICK HERE TO APPLY