Old Mutual Life Insurance Company (Botswana) | Principal Officer
Old Mutual Life Insurance Company (Botswana) (Pty) Ltd, (Old Mutual Life), a member of the Old Mutual Botswana Group, provides long term group risk insurance solutions. Our vision is to become our customers’ most trusted partner - passionate about helping them achieve their lifetime financial goals. Our target clients include large and medium sized businesses, unions and affinity groups. Our products are sold almost exclusively through licensed intermediaries.
This is a senior management position that reports to the Managing Director and the Board Audit, Risk and Compliance Committee. The Principal Officer will be responsible for ensuring that Old Mutual Life maintains the highest levels of regulatory compliance, risk management and internal controls. They will achieve this through embedding a culture of compliance and continuous improvement. The successful candidate will also challenge the status quo and identify opportunities for Old Mutual Life to do more for all our stakeholders.
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS
· Principal liaison between the business, Regulator and the Non-Bank Financial Services Regulatory Authority.
· Regulatory compliance, risk management and internal control environment reporting to the Board Audit, Risk and Compliance Committee.
· Identifying applicable legislation and analysing the impact thereof on the business and applying this to business processes and procedures.
· Ensuring business compliance with applicable legislation through the implementation of compliance risk management and monitoring plans.
· Performing quarterly compliance audits on processes.
· Ensuring risk processes are being followed.
· Challenging risk management information received from Management.
· Personal Mastery (Learning)
· Customer First
· Leading with Influence
EDUCATIONAL / PROFESSIONAL REQUIREMENTS
· Undergraduate degree in any field
· Diploma in Insurance i.e. AIISA or equivalent
· Minimum 5 years’ work experience in a management position at a life insurance company
Please submit applications and CVs with subject PRINCIPAL OFFICER to wb.oc.lautumdlo@tnemtiurcer by Friday 16 November 2018.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted, all applicants who have not received feedback by 23 November 2018 please consider your application unsuccessful.