Orange Botswana | PR and Digital Specialist
Orange invites candidates who wish to be part of a dynamic workforce to apply for the above position:
Reporting directly to the Communication and PR Manager, the incumbent is responsible for promoting and portraying Orange Botswana’s brand and company in a positive manner in the media and continuously driving brand awareness of all products, services and events. The incumbent will also be responsible for developing and maintaining media relations and collaborate with the marketing team to successfully deliver digital strategies for promotional activities.
The main duties include but are not limited to:
• Formulate PR and Digital plans and strategies.
• Manage media relations and requests.
• Plan and supervise events.
• Plan digital programmes and campaigns: including online advertising & social media platforms.
• Coordinate the launch of products and offers defined by offers or innovation department, involving different departments.
Develop PR Strategy
• Enhance the company and brand’s visibility through online and offline platforms.
Manage Company Communication
• Interpret marketing briefs into communication briefs for Digital and PR Communication (both internal and external).
• Develop briefs & guideline for the drafting of Press Releases, speeches, advertorials and other PR & Digital copy.
• Address the press, giving announcements through video and audio.
• Update posting on social media sites.
• Drive Staff engagement by planning & supporting internal communication and activities.
Track Media Coverage
• Keep track of the brand and companies’ media coverage – Reports.
• Develop or use performance metric to monitor how successful the brand & companies’ PR activities are in collaboration with the agency.
• Use analytics software to look for trends, monitor social media sites for customer feedback.
Improve Media Partnership & Relations
• Increase the brand and company’s exposure through develop strategic partnerships with media.
• Facilitate the resolution of dispute with the public or external vendors.
• Present solution in times of PR Crisis.
• Plan and supervise press conferences, media preview events, business events and engagements.
• Determine which events to attend as key stakeholder, speaking opportunities for Orange CEO etc.
• Develop pre and post event reports
• Animate weekly meetings
• Good experience in Marketing and/or journalism.
• Acute communication skills – spoken.
• Good creative skills- coming up with up with new approaches.
• Good writing skills.
• Strong understanding of social media strategies.
• Good multimedia skills to manipulate various types of media.
• Good leadership and interpersonal skills.
• Organized and rigorous.
• Ability to deliver and work under pressure.
Qualifications and Experience and skills
• Minimum Bachelor's degree in journalism, marketing or related field.
• 4 years in a marketing field.
Interested candidates who meet the minimum requirements can submit their applications, updated CV and certified copies of their academic certificates to:
The subject window on email should only contain the title of the position being applied for.
Closing date: 14th June 2020
Kindly note, that Orange Botswana shall only correspond to short-listed candidates.