Human Resource Development Council (HRDC) | Personal Assistant
The Human Resource Development Council (HRDC), an autonomous body whose main objectives among others include provision for Policy Advice with regard to the National Human Resource Development Strategy, Coordination and implementation of the strategy, Planning and Advising on Tertiary Education Financing and Workplace Planning in Botswana, seeks to recruit suitably qualified persons for the following post:
Main Purpose of the Job
To provide secretarial services to department.
· Receive telephone calls and correspondences
· Attend to queries or refer issues beyond own scope to relevant officers
· Attend to visitors/clients and make them feel comfortable
· Maintain Head of Department’s appointment diary and remind him/her of appointments
· Advise staff of any meetings
· Compile and prepare all documents needed for meetings
· Ensure that relevant documents are circulated to all attendees prior to meetings
· Make logistic arrangements for meetings (venue, refreshments etc.)
· Take minutes of meetings as and when required, produce and distribute minutes of meetings after vetting by the responsible officer
· Computer literate.Experience with systems and applications in the specific work area
· Records keeping skills, fast typing skills and telephone etiquette, customer care skills
· Organising and office management skills
· Communication and interpersonal skills
· Compliance with procedures instructions, rules and regulations
· Service oriented and client focused
· A Minimum BGCSE and a National Diploma in Secretarial Studies from a recognised institution or any other related qualification acceptable to HRDC.
· At least 3 years as a Secretary in a professional office environment.
Remuneration: HRDC offers an attractive remuneration package which is commensurate with qualifications, skills and experience.
Applications quoting the post being applied for and accompanied by detailed Curriculum Vitae, names and addresses of three referees, one of whom should be an employer/most recent employer and/or immediate supervisor (including their telephone numbers and e-mail address where applicable), true and certified copies of educational/Professional certificates and transcripts, and references must be sent to:
The Chief Executive Officer
Human Resource Development Council
Private Bag BR 108, Gaborone
Closing date:30th April 2019