Debswana | Occupational Hygiene Officer
Debswana Diamond Company Orapa, Letlhakane and Damtshaa Mines would like to invite suitably qualified innovative, results oriented and self-driven individuals to apply for the position listed and described below and join a professional team driven by service excellence, where the demands of the business are met by encouraging team work and addressing the needs of the individual.
OCCUPATIONAL HYGIENE OFFICER
To support the implementation of effective occupational hygiene management programme and ensure sustenance.
· Degree in Environmental Health/Occupational health/ occupational hygiene or equivalent
· 2 years post-qualification Occupational Hygiene management experience
· Occupational health Management Systems (OHSAS 18001) awareness
· Occupational Hygiene post graduate diploma
· Microsoft Office (Word, EXCEL, PowerPoint)
· Registered as an Occupational Hygiene Assistant by a recognised certifying body
· Recommends and incorporates cost saving initiatives into budgets and controls expenditure within approved parameters
· Participates in the mine occupational hygiene risks assessment and ensures implementation of management programmes.
· Carries out occupational hygiene monitoring under the supervision of Occupational Hygiene Coordinator.
· Participates in the development of the Occupational Risk profiles and similar exposure groups for the mines
· Determines equipment and tool sets required for field monitoring and reporting and motivates for their inclusion in the budget as well as ensuring their calibration status is correct.
· Reviews the similar exposure groups and updates the database as when there are changes.
· Advises line management on the specific occupational hygiene standards applicable to their areas and regularly monitors compliance and issues appropriate management reports
· Identifies training needs, develops and implements occupational hygiene training programmes.
· Provides input into new structures, buildings, installations and plants and integrates occupational hygiene requirements in to the designs.
· Carries out periodic occupational hygiene internal audits in line with applicable best practice standards.
· Carries out routine calibration of measuring and monitoring equipment and schedules specialized and third party calibrations and repairs.
· Captures occupational hygiene data in appropriate data storage and information management systems.
· Manages own key effectiveness areas in line with the Individual Development Plan.
· Monitors and reports on occupational hygiene performance.
Please reference OLDM0000582 respectively In the subject line on both the email and application letter.
Only candidates who meet the above requirements need apply enclosing a Current Curriculum Vitae and certified copies of certificates.
Send applications to e-mail: RecruitmentOLM@debswana.bw
Closing date: 24 February 2019
NB: Only short-listed candidates will be responded to.