New Zealand Post Graduate Scholarships
Tenable in the Academic Year 2020
The Ministry of Tertiary Education, Research Science & Technology invites applicants from qualified citizens of Botswana for two (2) Masters’ Degree Scholarship tenable in New Zealand for the academic year 2020. The scholarships funds tuition fees, air travel, an establishment allowance, living allowance and other costs in New Zealand.
Scholarships will be offered at Postgraduate level for study under the sectors identified by New Zealand Ministry of Foreign Affairs & Trade (MFAT) as key areas for social and economic development of Botswana with preference given to;
1. Climate Change and Resilience
· Food Security and Agriculture
· Renewable Energy
2. Good Governance
· Government Services: Public policy, Public management, Policy and Governance
· Be citizens of Botswana
· Be residing and have been working in Botswana preferably for at least two years prior to application.
· Not have citizenship or permanent residence status of New Zealand, Canada, Switzerland, Russia, USA, UK, Australia, or any other developed country.
· Not to be married or engaged to be married to a person who holds or who is eligible to hold, citizenship or permanent residence status of the above countries.
· Have been working in their country of citizenship, preferably for at least two years prior to application.
· Hold a first degree of (2i) upper second class Honours (or above) or (2ii) and a second class degree and a relevant postgraduate qualification, which will normally be a Masters degree;
· Be available to commence their academic studies in New Zealand in early 2020.
· Be applying to commence a new qualification and not be seeking funding for one already commenced at Masters Level.
· Satisfy the admission requirements of the New Zealand University at which the qualification is to be undertaken, including English Language criteria.
· Application Letter to Director - DTEF
· Apply for an offer of Place (admission) at your preferred New Zealand institution. For most courses, you will be able to apply online.
· An updated CV.
· A certified copy of applicant’s birth certificate and Omang
· A certified copy of the personal pages of the applicant’s passport
· A certified copy of the academic transcript for all tertiary qualifications held by the applicant and the grading schedule for each qualification.
· Outline of proposed research topic and objectives (max 250 words) (for Masters by Thesis Research).
· Summary of proposed research approach (max 250 words) (for Masters by Thesis Research).
· Obtain three references, not more than 24 months old (as per the requirements detailed on the application form)
· Obtain certified copies of all required supporting documentation (as per the requirements detailed on the application form)
· The offer of a New Zealand Scholarship is subject to a visa being issued by Immigration New Zealand.
For more information you can visit www.mfat.got.nz/scholarships or
All applications must be marked: ‘NEW ZEALAND SCHOLARSHIP 2019’ AND MUST BE SENT BY POST OR HAND DELIVERY TO OFFICE 78 AT DTEF:
Department of Tertiary Education Financing, Plot 37893
Universal Estates, Block 6
· ONLY SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED NOTE
· ASPIRANTS WHO ARE ALREADY ON GOVERNMENT SCHOLARSHIP WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED.
· TO BE NOMINATED DOES NOT IN ANY WAY GUARANTEE SELECTION OR PLACEMENT
The Closing date is Wednesday, 10 April, 2019
FOR MORE DETAILS CALL;
Publicity Office at telephone no: 3164023/3719319/3719320/3719321/3719322