BITRI | Network and Systems Administrator
The Botswana Institute for Technology, Research and Innovation (BITRI), is an established science and technology research institute whose mandate is to undertake research, identify and or develop appropriate technologies in line with national priorities and needs of Botswana.
Main Purpose of the Job:
• Plan, implement and supervise the installation, upgrade and maintenance of BITRI’s IT infrastructure
• Oversee the installation and configuration, and support BITRI’s local area network (LAN), wide area network (WAN), and Internet system
• Experience in systems design and administration, and network administration in multi-user environment
• Plan, implement and supervise network hardware and software maintenance activities to support network availability and access, and to test network security and integrity
• Implement and maintain network access controls and security protocols
• Monitor metrics, suggest monitoring tools and develop ways to improve
• Manage and Administer Virtual Machines (Linux and Windows), Cisco Routers, Firewalls and switches
• Improve infrastructure development
• At least a Degree in a computer-related field (computer science, information science, or management information systems) from a recognised institution or any other equivalent qualification
• Professional certification relevant for network and systems administration (MCSE, CCNA, CCNP, VMware Certified Professional Datacenter Virtualization, VMware Certified • Professional Network Virtualization) is an advantage
• Experience of at least 7 years in a similar role.
• Exposure to windows and multiple Linux-based operating systems including CentOS, Ubuntu,
• Experience within a visualized environment (hyper V, VMware)
• Support experience (software or infrastructure)
• Experience with Veeam backup technology
• Knowledge of Firewalls, Active Directory and Domain Name Service
• Good communication skills, ability and interest to work across a range of different programmes, good organizational skills, attention to detail and ability to work independently.
• Ability to work under tight schedules and work beyond prescribed working-hours.
• Eagerness to learn, work and train colleagues with passion
• Good project management skills
Job Closing Date: 22 April 2020
APPLY FOR THIS JOB