Botswana Tourism | Legal officer
MAIN PURPOSE OF THE JOB
Reporting to the Corporate Legal Counsel/Board Secretary, the incumbent will be responsible for among others:
• Providing internal legal advice;
• Assisting Internal Departments, Divisions and subsidiaries on all legal matters;
• Drafting and vetting of legal documents for the Organisation;
• Managing the Organisation's litigation; and
• Providing legal interpretation and stance of the Organisation on legal matters to external stakeholders.
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS
• Legal research and provision of legal advice on issues affecting or likely to affect Botswana's tourism;
• Undertake general administration of the legal services office;
• Compliance Matters;
• Administration of Legal Policies and Procedures;
• Assistance on Company Secretarial Services to the Organisation and its subsidiaries;
• Guidance on Investment and Procurement Processes;
• Professionalism and Integrity;
• Planning, Organising and Coordinating;
• Attention to Detail;
• Results Oriented and Commitment;
• Decisiveness and Assertiveness;
• Consultation and Interpersonal Skills;
• Sound Legal Writing Skills;
• Good Communication Skills;
• Customer Oriented.
• An LLM in Commercial Law will be an added advantage.
• At least 5 years' work experience in a versatile legal environment.
• Must be admitted to practice as an Attorney, Conveyance or Notary Public in Botswana.
Only candidates who meet the above requirements may apply to Executive Manager - HR and Admin at:
Or Hand deliver to
Fairgrounds Office Park
Building 1A & 1B, First Floor, Gaborone
Closing Date: 14th June 2020
Correspondence will be limited to short listed applicants only