NBFIRA | Legal and Enforcement Officer
Reports to: Deputy Director Compliance
Main Purpose of the job
To implement and enforce adherence to NBFIRA Act, financial services laws and other applicable laws. Provide legal advice in order to protect investors and the integrity of the Authority.
Key performance Areas
· Providing enforcement services, including implementing the end to end enforcement process pertaining to non-compliant entities.
· Updating the legal framework of the Regulator in line with its needs.
· Interpreting legislation and rendering sound legal advice to the Regulator on a timely basis.
· Drafting, interpreting and reviewing contracts.
· Issuing reports to stakeholders.
· Assisting with administrative board secretariat services.
· Ensuring that the Regulator carries out its mandate in accordance with relevant legislation.
Experience and Qualifications
· Five (5) years post qualifications experience in a legal environment.
· Bachelor degree in Law (LLB). A Master’s degree will be an added advantage.
· Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in written communication
Eligible and interested candidates should send their CV, certified copies of your qualification, ID and contact details of three referees to:
Email: wb.gro.arifbn@tnemtiurcer by post to,
Deputy Chief Executive Officer – Corporate Services
Private Bag 00314
Telephone: (+267)3102595 / 3686100
Fax: (+267) 3102376
Closing date for applications is 14th November 2019.
Only shortlisted applicants will be responded to.