Botswana Tourism | Internal Audit Officer
MAIN PURPOSE OF THE JOB
Reporting to the Internal Audit Manager, the incumbent will be responsible for:
• Executing the assigned internal audit engagements
• Ensure that the function effectively delivers on its mandate of providing assurance for the Board of Directors on the adequacy and effectiveness of Governance, Risk Management and Internal Controls.
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS
• Carries out internal audit engagements in accordance with annual internal audit plan, Internal Auditing Standards and other instructions.
• Appraises the adequacy and effectiveness of internal control processes on assigned areas and recommend appropriate corrective action on identified deficiencies.
• Prepares and presents draft audit reports for review to Internal Audit Manager.
• Participates in regular risk management processes of BTO.
• Conduct value adding consultancy services as required for internal clients.
• Assist Internal Audit Manager in conducting follow-up assignments on previous audit reports and issues arising from Control Self-Assessments.
• Effective Communication and Presentation Skills
• Analytical Skills
• Planning and Organising Skills
• Risk Management
• Report Writing Skills
The candidate must have attained the following:
• Bachelor's Degree in Accounting and/or Auditing or related field
• Additionally, the candidate should be studying towards attaining internationally recognised qualification, e.g. ACCA, CIMA, and CIA.
• Post Graduate Qualification in Risk Management will be an added advantage
• Five (5) years experience in auditing medium to large scale operations
• Membership of the Institute of Internal Auditors (IIA) Botswana
Only candidates who meet the above requirements may apply to Executive Manager - HR and Admin at:
Or Hand deliver to
Fairgrounds Office Park
Building 1A & 1B, First Floor, Gaborone
Closing Date: 14th June 2020
Correspondence will be limited to short listed applicants only