Botswana Qualifications Authority (BQA) | Human Resources Officer- Workforce Planning and Recruitment
Botswana Qualifications Authority (BQA) is a parastatal under the Ministry of Tertiary Education Research Science and Technology. It draws its mandate from the BQA Act No.24 of 2013. Its main objectives are to provide for and maintain a National Credit and Qualifications Framework (NCQF) and to coordinate the Education, Training and Skills Development Quality Assurance System. BQA invites applications from qualified citizen candidates to fill the following position:
Human Resources Officer- Workforce Planning and Recruitment
To plan, organise, coordinate and ensure the delivery of optimal staffing levels, efficient recruitment, selection and on-boarding services, which will ensure that BQA is resourced with competent and engaged staff at all levels to enable the Authority to successfully discharge its mandate.
HR Planning and Resourcing Policies, Strategies and Procedures
· Initiates the development and review of HR planning, forecasting employee resourcing policies and procedures and on boarding manual that will ensure that BQA attracts and retains competent staff and complies with labour legislation and justifies these to Manager Workforce Management.
· Monitors employment conditions in the labour market and makes recommendations for review of basic terms and conditions of employment.
· Advises BQA management and employees on the interpretation of approved HR policies and procedures and ensures adherence thereto.
· Keeps abreast of trends in HR planning, forecasting and employee resourcing through journals, internet and research and benchmarking with other organisations to identify and recommend the adoption of best practice employee resourcing interventions, and submits reports to Manager Workforce Management HR Planning and Forecasting
· Provides leadership and support on HR demand and supply forecasting to meet the staffing requirements of the Authority
· Coordinates and consolidates staffing plans and budgets for review by Manager Workforce Management and Services as input into the Authority budgets.
· Monitors staffing expenditure against budget in liaison with Finance and Administration Division and produces regular reports to advise management on optimisation of labour costs.
Recruitment, Placement and on boarding
· Coordinates, leads and supervises the recruitment and selection process, ensuring adherence to BQA procedures and standards and agreed turnaround times.
· Works with heads of recruiting departments on the drafting and placement of recruitment adverts and the short-listing of applicants.
· Facilitates the setting up of assessment centers and the development of competency-based selection techniques.
· Prepares interview timetables, schedules, and making the necessary administrative arrangements for interviews.
· Participates as panel member in interviews.
· Follows up candidates’ referees and preparation of employee resourcing reports to facilitate selection.
· Drafts appointment letters for successful and regret letters for unsuccessful candidates
· Prepares employment contracts, for review by the Manager Workforce Management and ensures that BQA staff duly sign approved employment contracts.
· Processes the necessary work and residence permits where applicable and makes appropriate arrangements for the re-location of new employees.
· Prepares employment contracts for employees specifying salary levels, benefits, and conditions for approval by Supervisor. Ensures employment contracts are duly signed by BQA staff.
Maintenance of Staffing and Employee Records
· Maintains accurate staffing records and prepares monthly reports with analysis of important HR matrices such as vacancies, turnover and recruitment, selection, employee utilisation and submits them to Manager Workforce Management
· Maintains and up-dates employee files and records and prepares manual and computerised reports and statistical analysis as required.
· Participates in the recruitment and on boarding of the staff of the unit.
· Manages and ensures that team members have performance contracts, and that performance assessments are done in accordance with BQA Performance Management System and agreed schedules.
· Monitors the performance of the unit and ensures that all team members meet or exceed their performance targets.
· Resolves disciplinary and grievance issues in accordance with Botswana labour legislation and BQA disciplinary codes and best practice.
· Demonstrates commitment to the transformation of BQA into a high performing organisation by ensuring the division’s contribution to cross-functional work teams as and when required, and reflecting the Authority’s vision, mission and values in daily work and interactions.
· Undertakes any other duty/duties required to meet the objectives of the Authority.
Key Performance Indicators
· Recruitment and on boarding.
· Compliance with HR policies and procedures.
· Accurate staffing records.
· Quality and timeliness of divisional reports.
· At least a Degree in HRM, Industrial Psychology, Labour laws or Social Sciences from a recognised institution or any other relevant qualification acceptable to BQA.
· Membership of a recognised HR professional organisation.
· Minimum of 5 years’ experience in Human Resource Management.
· Experience in HR planning and forecasting and employee resourcing will be an added advantage.
· Knowledge of labour laws and legislations in Botswana.
· Knowledge of best practice in HR policies, procedures, processes and strategies.
· Knowledge of principles and procedures for salary reviews, job evaluations, design of reward/ remuneration/ compensation/ benefits, and performance management.
· Computer literate - experience with systems and applications in the specific work area.
· Creativity, innovation, flexibility and analytical thinking.
· Results oriented and performance driven.
· Decisiveness and assertiveness.
· Communication, influence and impact.
· Service oriented and client focus.
· Teamwork and interpersonal skills.
· Emotional Intelligence.
BQA offers a competitive remuneration package commensurate with the responsibilities and challenges of the job.
Terms of employment
Fixed term contract of 1-5 years for Managerial Positions and above and Permanent and Pensionable terms for officer positions and below.
Applications with CVs, list of referees and certified copies of certificates and Omang should be forwarded on or before Friday 15 February 2019 to:
The Chief Executive Officer
Botswana Qualifications Authority
Private Bag BO 340
Office No. S33 (2nd Floor)
Plot 66450, Block 7, Gaborone
Tel: 365 7200