Morupule Coal Mine | Human Resource Officer
MORUPULE COAL MINE IS A COAL MINING COMPANY IN BOTSWANA SITUATED 14 KILOMETRES WEST OF PALAPYE ALONG SEROWE/PALAPYE ROAD AND MINES COAL PRIMARILY FOR GENERATION OF ELECTRICITY IN BOTSWANA. THE COMPANY SEEKS TO INVITE SUITABLY QUALIFIED AND EXPERIENCED CITIZEN CANDIDATES FOR THE FOLLOWING POSITION:-
To provide Human Resources services in the designated area in order to meet company objectives.
• Recruits and selects employees according to set policies and procedures to meet business skills requirements.
• Facilitates the identification of training and development needs in order to produce training and development plans.
• Conducts training and development interventions to ensure competent and skilled workforce.
• Ensures that all jobs have up-to-date job profiles.
• Inspects Mine and rented houses to ensure adherence to company housing standards and contractual Obligations.
• Coordinates maintenance activities to ensure mine and rented houses are fit for occupation.
Advises line managers, the union and employees on the interpretation and application of company policies and procedures, collective agreements and labour legislation with regards to labour laws.
• Facilitates disciplinary and grievance processes in accordance with Mine's disciplinary procedure.
• Facilitates the resolution of conflict to ensure compliance with Mine standards.
• Monitors employee relations trends and recommends appropriate interventions.
• Facilitates the updating of Mine policies and procedures as per standard and socialises Employee Relations policies and procedures.
• Advises stakeholders on sound human resource practices to ensure fairness and consistency.
• Facilitates the implementation of the performance management system to meet company standards.
• Administers the Mine's compensation and benefits schemes to ensure adherence to Mine policies and Procedures.
• Analyses Human Resources related information and produces management reports.
• Maintains the Human Resources Information systems to ensure the availability of up-to-date information.
• Adheres to and promote safety health and environmental policies and procedures.
Minimum Education & Experience Requirements
• Degree in Human Resources Management or equivalent
• Valid light duty drivers license.
• At least 3 years experience in Human Resources Field.
• Knowledge of SHE Management Systems ISO 45001:2018 and ISO 14001:2015
We offer a competitive salary package. Prospective candidates must be medically and physically fit and willing to work in an Underground Coal Mining Environment and meet demanding schedules. Candidates who meet the above requirements need to apply with copies of certified certificates and comprehensive curriculum vitae addressed to:
Human Resources Advisor - Services
Morupule Coal Mine
Private Bag 35 PALAPYE
Closing date: 29 May 2020
PLEASE DO NOT RESPOND THROUGH FAX AND NOTE THAT RESPONSES WILL ONLY BE MADE TO APPLICANTS CONSIDERED FOR INTERVIEW.