Botswana Gender Based Violence Prevention & Support Centre | Human Resources Officer
The Botswana Gender Based Violence Prevention and Support Centre seeks to recruit a Human Resources Officer who will be tasked with performing all human resources functions within the Organisation which include industrial relations, recruitment and selection, training, counselling, payroll data capturing, and where needed the supervision of administration processes
· Provides expertise and guidance to all staff on human resources related matters.
· Oversee and guide in the process of recruitment and selection of new staff by ensuring timely advertisement and the filling of vacancies, and ensure the recruitment, assignment and reassignment of staff, is performed in accordance with rules and procedures.
· Participate in the review of the training needs of the workforce, assisting in making appropriate proposals to meet identified needs of re-profiling and development.
· Provide guidance to staff regarding organizational rules and regulations as well as of staff benefits and entitlements.
· Maintain proper and efficient personnel records including entries into HR module, overtime and leave records.
· Provide support, guidance and training to the staff performing personnel administration related functions.
· Supervise administration of the staff medical insurance plan for recruited staff.
· Be proficient in Botswana Labour Laws and industrial relations. Provide accurate and sound support and advice to management and employees on HR related issues.
· Sound knowledge on employee disciplinary processes and ability to guide and support management on disciplinary and grievance issues
· Advise line managers and other employees on the relevant employment law.
· Organizing and managing new employee orientations, on-boarding, and training programs
· Benefits administration
· Coordinate implementation of Staff welfare and wellness activities.
· Responsible for managing HR Records both manually and electronically and performing administrative tasks
· Performing background checks as required by the Organisation where needed.
Successful candidates will be required to have Degree in Human Resources Management with 3 - 4 years’ experience and experiences mainly in:
· Recruitment and selection processes
· Industrial relations
· Management of staff records
· Management of staff benefits e.g. medical aid, pension, workers’ compensation and leave
· General HR administration
· Performance Management System
· Coordination Planning and organizing skills
· Knowledge of Botswana Labour Laws
· Sound interpersonal skills and team player
· NGO experience will be an added advantage
· Excellent work ethics
· Good communication skills
Vacancy closes on 21 June 2019 1700hrs
Applications should be addressed to:
The Chief Executive Officer
Botswana Gender Based Violence & Prevention and Support Centre
Applications to be hand delivered at our office: Broadhurst Extension 19, Tshimotharo Plot 6062/3 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org
NOTE: Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.