New Era College | Health and Safety Officer
Main Purpose of the job
The S.H.E. Officer will be responsible for the safety, health and environmental management of the Institution. The S.H.E. officer will advise, compile, recommend and standardize health and safety programs, and environmental considerations according to international regulations and best practise. The ideal candidate will be responsible individual who compliance by Occupational Safety Health regulations. The candidate work will be largely focused on prevention so he/she needs to be reliable and provident.The goal is to establish a safe workplace according to legal standards and foster a culture of attention to health.
· Support management team in developing, implementing and maintaining a positive SHE policy and plan.
· Minimize hazardous situations, often including risk categorization.
· Ensure safety standards and procedures are in place.
· Create a formal Occupational Health and Safety Policy in order to remain consistent.
· Manage and resolve potential and emerging health and safety complaints and concerns.
· Conduct training sessions on health and safety practices and legislation.
· Document staff information, minutes of meetings, and reports compiled for management.
· Regularly inspect buildings, facilities, equipment and common spaces occupied by the College community
· Degree in Occupational Health and Safety or Environmental Sciences or equivalent.
Skills and Abilities
· Must be able to multi-task
· Adaptability and initiative are principle to the role.
· Excellent written and communication skills.
· Environmental training and effectiveness.
· Safety effectiveness.
· To be able to work without supervision.
2 years post qualification experience in safety, health and environment.