Travelwise | Head of Finance
To take total responsibility, leadership and ownership of the finance function at Travelwise
The Head of Finance is primarily responsible for:
· Providing support for the Managing Director and playing an active role in the management of the company.
· To provide timely and accurate financial reports, including analysis of results
· To provide early warnings on potential difficulties
· To meet the reporting and related operational requirements of BidTravel/Bidvest.
· To highlight financial and strategic risks to the Managing Director
· Payroll management
· To ensure that the finance structure is appropriate and optimal for the business
· To ensure the structure is adequately resourced with the correct people
· The development and maintenance of internal control systems and designed to safeguard the assets of the business against identified risks and ensure completeness of revenue
· Management of the financial and operational risk of the business. This includes the completion of the annual insurance declaration and the quarterly risk reports.
· Internal Audit – plan and implement the internal audit plan and ensure clean reports by addressing the issues identified.
· External Audit – plan and implement the year-end audit process, manage the relationship with the external auditors and address issues raised.
· Oversee the preparation of a full set of accounts for the company
· Put structures in place to ensure all G/L accounts and subsidiary ledgers are adequately reconciled and reviewedCommercial
· Oversee all commercial aspects of the company, including commercial models, revenue management, and cost control
· Preparation of flash reports, monthly reports, board reports and all other financial reports.
· Ensure timeous and accurate reporting to stakeholders
· Plan and execute the annual budgets
· Consolidate, review and present the budget to Exco and to BidTravel.
Working capital management
· Manage the capital expenditure budget
· Manage the debtors so that Bidvest targets are exceeded
· Manage all other aspects of cash flow
· Ensure all tax returns are correctly and timeously submitted.
· Identify and monitor all material business risks
· Implement plans to address all material business risks
· Bachelor Degree in Accounting or related accounting qualification
· Knowledge of financial reporting
· Knowledge of accounting systems
· Knowledge of business analysis
· Knowledge of general business
· Knowledge of tax
· Knowledge of risk management
· 5 years’ experience in a financial management role
· Payroll experience
· People management experience would be preferable
· Experience in the service industry
· Be able to manage people
· Be able to meet deadlines
· Be able to understand and interpret numbers
· Be able to lead
PERSONAL QUALITIES REQUIRED
· Deadline driven
· Excellent response times
· Good interpersonal skills
· Excellent communication skills
· People leadership capabilities
· Strategic thinking capabilities
· Attention to detail
· Hands on management style
· Highly numerate
· Team player
Applications can be emailed to Archie Mabusela at firstname.lastname@example.org or delivered to Travelwise offices at Dennis Todd Office Park, Fairgrounds, Gaborone.
Closing date: 15 April 2019