BQA | Executive Assistant to the Deputy Chief Executive Officer
To manage the Deputy Chief Executive Officer’s office and provide secretarial services by way of attending to visitors/clients, compile and prepare all documents needed by the DCEO, receive telephone calls and correspondences, attending to queries within own scope and maintaining the DCEO’s appointment diary.
· Attend to visitors/clients of the DCEO and make them feel comfortable
· Receive telephone calls and correspondences for the DCEO
· Attend to queries or refer issues beyond own scope to relevant officers or to DCEO
· Ensure fax machine is in order, receive faxed documents and forward to CEO, and fax documents on behalf of DCEO
· Maintain the DCEO’s appointment diary, arrange and remind him/her of appointments
· Plan, organise and maintain office library of reference books, magazines, newspaper journals, manuals and other related material for the DCEO
· Advise staff of any meetings with the DCEO
· Issue reminders of Committee meetings to Committee Secretaries and members, and confirm their attendance prior to the meetings
· Compile and prepare all documents needed by the DCEO for his / her meetings, including agenda, minutes and other materials
· Circulate relevant documents to attendees before meeting with the DCEO
· Make logistic arrangements for meetings (venue, refreshments etc.)
· Minute meetings, draft and distribute minutes after vetting by the DCEO
· Design and adapt file management systems to relevant secretarial work for the DCEO
· Research, collate and summarize information as required by the DCEO
· Input data on the computer as directed by the DCEO
· Arrange lunches and other social events on behalf of the DCEO
· Make travel arrangements for the DCEO, arrange schedule, reserve hotel or other accommodation, notify organization and officials to be visited, maintain contact so as to refer or attend to and essential matters
· Ensure that DCEO’s office is kept clean and that its furniture/equipment are in order and well maintained
· Type documents such as internal memos, correspondences, reports, shorthand notes etc., take dictations and submit typed work to the PS for checking and signature
· Process, maintain record and retrieve correspondences/ confidential files as needed
· Ensure that official bills raised from the DCEO’s office are settled in time to avoid late payment and
disconnection of services
A Higher National Diploma in Secretarial Studies from a recognised institution or any other relevant qualification acceptable to BQA.
A minimum of 4 years as a Secretary to an executive office.
· Computer literacy
· Proficiency with systems and applications in the specific work area.
· Record keeping and ling skills, fast typing skills, telephone etiquette, customer care skills
· Organising and office management skills
· Communication and interpersonal skills
· Flexibility, dependability and dedication
· Compliance with procedures instructions, rules and regulations
· Service oriented and client focused
BQA offers a competitive remuneration package commensurate with the responsibilities and challenges of the job.
Terms of employment
Fixed term contract of 1-5 years for Managerial Positions and above and Permanent and Pensionable terms for officer positions and below.
Applications with CVs, list of referees and certified copies of certificates and Omang should be forwarded on or before Friday 14 December 2018 to:
The Chief Executive Officer
Botswana Qualifications Authority
Private Bag BO 340
Office No. S33 (2nd Floor)
Plot 66450, Block 7, Gaborone Tel: 365 7200
N.B. BQA shall only enter into correspondence with shortlisted candidates and shall not return any applications and associated documentation submitted by applicants.