Botswana Power Corporation | Electricians (33 posts)
To prepare estimates, carry out inspections, installations, system operations and maintenance in order to ensure network availability, quality of supply, operational safety and efficient customer supply service delivery in the area of responsibility.
Key Performance Areas
1. Customer satisfaction
2. Motivation and development of staff within designated region
3. Quality of workmanship
4. Cost effective and efficient preparation of estimates
5. Operational safety. Adherence to SHER standards
Core Accountabilities and Responsibilities
1. Assess work to be carried out and organises necessary tools and equipments and allocates and supervises work accordingly.
2. Inspects consumer installation wiring to ensure that it complies with statutory and BPC regulations
3. Attends to system faults, disturbances and customer supply disruption issues to ensure timeous restoration of supply.
4. Carries inspection and maintenance on network and equipment in accordance with approved maintenance schedule to ensure availability of plant
5. Monitors work carried out on site to ensure a safe environment and compliance with Procedures, Regulations and Safety Standards.
6. Prepares system-switching programs for approval and carries out network switching for isolation and restoration of power supply.
7. Reconnects and disconnects customers following issuance on a works order.
8. Ensures accurate completion of customer/supplier agreement form and ensures that details of records of new customers are submitted to the relevant department for billing purposes.
9. Assembles, installs, wires, calibrates and tests network equipment to ensure compliance with Procedures, Regulations and Safety Standards.
10 Prepares preliminary network designs and cost estimates in accordance with
11. Procedures, Regulations and Safety Standards.
12. , including investigation of refunds for pioneer customers to ensure cost recovery within delegated limits.
13. Initiates the mapping of new customers and network points that are not covered by the existing map to ensure that maps are accurate and updated.
14. Prepares periodic and ad-hoc reports to supervisor on issues relating to area of responsibility.
15. Advises customers /clients on technical requirements for different types of supply including the location of the Corporation equipment during preliminary design.
16. Assesses uptake of customer potential and opportunities for growth and recommends to relevant stakeholders to target potential customers.
17. Witnesses commissioning and accepts new networks within delegated limits.
18. Ensures compliance to SHER procedures when carrying out duties.
19. Promotes safety awareness in line with SHER requirements through periodic audits
UNDERTAKES ANY OTHER SUCH DUTIES RELATED AS DIRECTED BY THE SUPERVISOR
BGCSE and Recognised National Crafts Certificate (Electrical) or equivalent
· Senior authorization
· Critical Thinking
· Diagnostic ability
· Customer focus
· Technical Expertise
· Report writing
· Basic Computer skills
· Numerical Skills
· Physical fitness
· Comfortable with heights
· Should not be colour blind
· Working under pressure
· Meeting customer expectations
CLICK HERE TO APPLY FOR THIS JOB