Tlokweng Land Board | Driver
Ref: TLB 4/3/4 I (22)
Applications are invited from suitably qualified Botswana citizens for the below post in Tlokweng Land Board.
VACANCY CIRCULAR NO. 3 OF 2019
DRIVER II- B4
SALARY: B4 (P39 036.00 - P46 416.00 per annum)
LEAVE: 20 working days per annum.
1. Optional contributory Medical aid scheme (Government pays 50 % and employee pays 50%)
2. Contributory Pension Scheme (Government pays 15% and employee pays 5%)
· Minimum of Primary School Leaving Certificate (PSLE), be in possession of Botswana Driver Licences Class "B" "C" and "D" (for trucks and buses respectively) and PRDP "Goods" and "Special" - Mini Bus (16 - 30 seats)
· At least 2 years satisfactory service at Driver III, B5 scale or with a minimum of two year proven driving experience.
MAIN PURPOSE OF THE JOB
To operate and ensure proper use of Land Board vehicles in the execution of the mandate of the organization.
1. Operates light motor vehicles up to 3500 kg maximum weight including trailer (750kg) and any other permitted by license.
2. Perform routine vehicle maintenance, which includes removal and fitment of tires, washing of vehicles and ensuring tires are inflated to correct pressure.
3. Perform pre-trip inspection and ensure the vehicle they assigned is road-worthy.
4. Ensure the proper loading of authorized goods, the security and safety of loads being carried and the safe unloading of their vehicles at destination and
5. Drives heavy-duty vehicles exceeding 3500kg maximum weight (for non- articulated vehicles) up to 16000kg maximum weight including trailer.
6. Drivers all non- articulated buses above 3500kg
7. Supervises one or more Labourers
8. Cleans vehicle parking areas
9. Acts as driver in-charge when more than one vehicle, but less than five are assigned to a specific duty
10. Undertakes any other related duties as assigned by management.
1. Trustworthy and reliable
2. Building & maintaining relationships
3. Planning and Execution
4. Communicating Effectively
Applicants should quote the vacancy circular number giving the following details;
a. Full name, address and date of birth
b. Qualifications supported by certified copies of certificates, Omang and references
c. Detailed summary of career with duties (C.V)
d. Your application should entail:
i. Date of first appointment
ii. Present post and date of appointment thereto
iii. Present salary scale, for only employed employees
All applications must be routed through the Head of Departments. Applications not so routed will not be considered.
RESPONSE WILL BE ACCORDED TO SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES ONLY.
Applications should be addressed to:
Land Board Secretary
Tlokweng Land Board
Private Bag T09
Hand delivered to:
Tlokweng Land Board
Records Management Unit
First Floor, Office B108
For any clarity please contact Human Resources Office at Telephone numbers: 3698409/3698411
Closing Date: 3rd September 2019, @ 1630hrs