Get more job listings at: www.adcentralbotswana.com/Jobs
Parliament of Botswana | Deputy Manager- Facility Management
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for the above mentioned position tenable at Parliament - Gaborone
VACANCY CIRCULAR NO. 4 OF 2020
SALARY: D1 (P311, 664.00 - P344, 076.00) per annum
LEAVE: 30 working days per annum.
At least ten (10) years Post Qualification Experience in Estate/Property/Facility Management, two (2) years of which should have been served at D2 salary scale in Government or equivalent level in Parastatal or Private Organisations.
MAIN PURPOSE OF THE JOB:
To manage and coordinate projects for the maintenance of all buildings at Parliament.
• Develops and reviews facilities management regulations, procedures and requirements.
• Monitors implementation of facility management regulations, procedures and requirements.
• Plans and administers the maintenance schedule for buildings within Parliament.
• Monitors adherence to government regulations and environmental health and safety standards in relation to facilities.
• Undertakes and documents a termly risk assessment of all the buildings and other health and safety checks as directed by the Health and Safety regulations.
• Develops and maintains Assets Register
• Supervises work of contractors in connection with the maintenance and improvement of buildings and building facilities.
• Administers and monitors service contracts in collaboration with Contract Management Office to ensure work is properly performed and processing claims for payment is done.
• Conducts periodic inspections of buildings and evaluates the complexity of any needed repairs to determine best solution and job cost.
• Oversees the implementation of approved procedures to ensure the ongoing efficient operation of assigned buildings.
• Prepares reports on the operational effectiveness of the facilities.
• Prepares budget for the maintenance of all buildings.
• Initiates and manages procurement of any buildings maintenance needs by Parliament
KEY COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
• Functional/Technical Skills
• Decision Quality
• Managing and Measuring Work
• Priority Setting
• Conflict Management
• Communicating effectively
• Ethics and Values
• Interpersonal Savvy
• Integrity & Trust
• Drive for Results
• Presentation Skills
Please quote the Vacancy Circular Number and give the following details:
a) Full names, postal address, date and place of birth
b) Certified copies of Omang and Academic Certificates
c) In case of serving Public Officers, date of first appointment, present post, salary scale and date of appointment thereto.
d) Brief summary of career with duties (Curriculum Vitae).
e) At least two recent work related references (Not more than 6 months old)
f) In case of applicants from Parastatals or Private Sector Organisations, please provide a statement of current Salary (per month or per annum)
All applications from serving Public Officers should be routed through their Heads of Departments and Permanent Secretaries (Accounting Officers). Applications not so routed will not be considered.
Only shortlisted applicants will be responded to.
Clerk of the National Assembly
Parliament of Botswana
P O Box 240
hand deliver to
Parliament of Botswana
Main Registry, Office No GF 6 Main Building
MAIN Parliament Building
For further information, please contact the Human Resource office at Telephone No: 370 5587 / 370 5557
Closing Date: 8th July 2020