Kansai Plascon | Costing and Administration Clerk
The Costing & Admin Clerk is responsible for determining the cost of all raw materials used in a production batch and compare them against the finished product that has been produced from the batch and sent to the warehouse and also participate in all the problem solving arising from costing. The Costing & Admin Clerk will assist in the identification and tracking of all variances and implementation of preventative actions. He/She will also be responsible for tracking the moving average cost (MAC) of both raw materials and finished goods.
· Establish the necessary controls to ensure that the manufacturing cost is competitive and operating expenses remain within budget parameters.
· Determines the required productivity levels, monitors these and initiate improvement initiatives.
· Reporting of all deviations from processes and variances from specifications and follow up their rectification with relevant people.
· Provide plant with initiatives derived from costing for the development of the plant future needs.
· Auditing the batch data completion process for improving quality management.
· Prepares monthly reports showing product costs, statistics, trends and performance measurements.
· Participate in complete physical stock take at least 2 times per annum.
· Managing and facilitating all people processes and procedures relating to costing.
· Achieving targets set by management.
· Support Kansai Plascon Health & Safety Standards and Initiatives.
· Support people systems, initiatives and teamwork.
· Actively participate in Perpetual and Official Stock Counts.
· Assist in ensuring the sustainability and improvement of product quality.
· Ad Hoc Duties as requested from time to time.
· Assist in the day to day administration of taxes and timeous submission of statutory returns.
· Assist in renewal of trade & industrial licenses.
· Facilitate SARS VAT claims.
· Management of Petty cash.
· CIMA, part qualified
Skills, Knowledge and Experience Requirements
· Sound understanding of costing process is a pre-requisite.
· Computer literacy (MS Word, MS Excel & SAP)
· A good understanding of manufacturing, filling and finished goods receiving processes.
· Raw material receiving and issuing process understanding.
· Customer focus and insight (Internal & External)
· Good business and financial acumen.
· Well- developed communication skills.
· Ability to relate at all levels
· An energetic, results orientated individual
· Good decision-making skills
· Highly ethical
· Relationship building & networking
· Ability to work under pressure with no or minimal supervision.
If you meet these requirements and you are interested, please send your CV to OduetseK@Kansaiplascon.co.bw by no later than close of business on 14 February 2020. Should you not be contacted within 6 weeks of submitting your CV, please consider your application as unsuccessful.