MRI Botswana | Coordinating Nurse
MRI Botswana Limited, is a citizen owned private company providing a variety of services including emergency medical assistance, pre-hospital care, emergency medical training, contact center solutions, integrated primary healthcare services and pharmaceutical services. The company is looking for a qualified, experienced, self-driven and dynamic professional for the following position.
COORDINATING NURSE - GABORONE
Reporting to the Call Centre Supervisor, the position exists to provide primary health and wellness care services to patients, and to provide assessment in emergency and non-emergency situations and determine as well as dispatch the appropriate resources.
Key Performance Areas
· Assesses all incoming calls using the Medical Priority Dispatch System (MPDS) to determine emergency and non-emergency calls.
· Determines the level of care and mode of transport required for each case.
· Process the emergency calls and provides pre-arrival medical instructions to callers.
· Dispatches the appropriate emergency response units and provides scene information to Emergency Medical Service crews in accordance with established rules.
· Provides post-dispatch instructions to callers and carry out post-dispatch fellow up procedures.
· Processes the emergency complex cases referred by the Emergency Medical Dispatcher (Interrogates and resolves the escalated issues); escalates the unresolved medical cases to Supervisor/Manager or Head of department.
· Coordinates the Emergency Medical Services resources: communicate with all emergency public and private agencies: receiving and referral hospitals.
· Monitors and tracks progress made on outstanding customer issues for resolution within reasonable turnaround times.
· Processes non-emergency medical calls using the operating system.
· Processes requests for ground and air ambulance inter-hospital transfers (local and cross-border) in accordance with the Patient Referral processes and procedures.
· Conducts initial and scheduled patient follow-ups far both emergency and non-emergency medical cases to monitor patient outcomes.
· Maintains records of emergency medical service activities for coordination with records prepared by cooperating institutions to provide data for evaluation of Call Centre emergency services Program
Job Requirements, Experience, Skills and Core Competencies
· Diploma in Nursing
· 5 years post qualification experience working as a Nurse
· Call Centre experience an added advantage
· Registered by the relevant Regulatory authorities
· KITSO or HIV/AIDS Management is important
· Certificate or Diploma in Counselling Basic Life Support for Health Care Providers
· Customer focused
· Emotional Stability
· Self-motivated & team player
· Attention to detail
· Good Communication skills
If you have the above capabilities, kindly send your application with your latest CV (only) to: email@example.com
Or hand deliver to:
The Human Resources Department
MRI Botswana Ltd
Plot 60601, Block 7
Closing Date: 18th March 2019
Kindly note that we will only respond to shortlisted candidates only.