See more job listings at: www.adcentralbotswana.com/categories
Tshukudu Exploration | Community Liaison Officer
ABOUT SANDFIRE RESOURCES LTD:
Sandfire Resources Limited (‘SFR’) is an ASX listed copper company focused on discovering, developing and operating high-quality resource assets.
Sandfire recently completed the acquisition of the MOD Resources which owns MOD Resources Botswana (Pty) Ltd, Tshukudu Exploration (Pty) Ltd and Tshukudu Metals Botswana (Pty) Ltd (TEX). These 3 entities hold 11.700 km- of prospecting licences in Botswana including the Motheo (T3) Copper project
TEX invites suitably qualified ciizens to apply for the position indicated below.
COMMUNITY LIAISON OFFICER – Tenable in Ghanzi
To assist in providing an interface between the Company and its key stakeholders (Community and Government) through interpretation, implementation and maintenance of robust communication and community relations systems and initiatives aimed to enhance internal and external communication effectiveness and Company image.
Key Performance Areas
• Assist with enhancing relationships as directed by the Community Relations Manager and ensuring high quality stakeholder engagement to achieve agreed goals
• Assist with the development of community relations and communications programmes to educate the community members about the project and to support active community participation and ownership in the sponsored projects.
• Maintains the Company’s Access Agreements Register
• Interfacing with the farmers, village councillors, chiefs, NGO’s and community- based organizations and other social partners in training and sensitizing communities for participation in the Tshukudu Sponsorship and Donation programme.
• Compliance to internal budget and reporting on Communications activities.
• Provides regular visit of project site areas and key communities which overlap with the Company’s exploration tenements
• Continuously provide feedback on community and communications concerns and priorities with the view to revise intervention strategies where necessary.
• Assist on the monitoring and assessment of approved community projects.
• Assist with the drafting of sectional of governance documents such as communication plan, policies and procedures.
• Maintains the sectional database.
• Advises on matters of Corporate Communication and stakeholder management.
• Design innovative communication strategies for engaging with the internal and external stakeholders
• Develops content for social media platforms
• Reporting – weekly, monthly, newsletters, press releases, brochures and presentations for internal and external stakeholders.
• Assist and advice on the use of corporate standardizations such as signatures, business cards, use of logos and letterheads
• Perform any other duty as may be directed by your immediate supervisor
• Advanced Computer skills such as the Adobe Creative Suite e g. Photoshop
• Customer Service skills
• Communication Principles
• Planning and Organising
• Effective communication and interpersonal skills
• Negotiation skills
• Mediation and conflict resolution skills.
• Good writing skills
• Honesty and reliability
• Eye for detail
• Analytical skills
• Team Work
• Strong moral fibre/ strong ethics
Qualification & Experience
• A minimum of Degree in Public Relations/Communications (Or equivalent)
• A minimum of 2 years’ working experience, preferably in a mining related industry
• Vast experience in community and stakeholder engagement.
• Very good editorial experience in relation to writing articles and reports
• Fluency in Naro, Shekgalagari, Afrikaans and other Ghanzi District ethnic languages (added advantage)
• Well-developed knowledge of local community cultures, leaders, customs and practices through prior involvement in the community (added advantage).
• A light duty driver s license is an added advantage
Tshukudu Exploration pays a competitive salary. Should you be interested in applying for the position and meet the minimum requirements, please forward your CV. certified copies of certificates and
HR & Admin Officer
Tshukudu Exploration (Pty) Ltd
Note: Hand delivered and postal applications won't be accepted.
WE ONLY RESPOND TO THOSE INVITED FOR INTERVIEW
Thank you for visiting www.adcentralbotswana.com