Commonwealth Scholarships in the United Kingdom Tenable in the Academic Year 2019
The Ministry of Tertiary Education, Research, Science and Technology invites applicants from qualified citizens of Botswana for 9 (nine) Post Graduate Commonwealth Scholarships tenable in the United Kingdom from October 2019. Full details of the scholarship are contained on the website: http://bit.Iy/cscuk-scholarships-developing-cw.
Awards are tenable at any UK institution of higher education with whom the commission has part funding agreement; a list of these institutions can be found at http://bit.ly/cscuk-uk-universities.
Scholarship is offered under any of the following categories:
· One year taught Master's courses (6 Slots)
· PhD (3 Slots)
The following requirements will apply;
1) Candidates should hold :
· A First degree of at least upper second class (2:1) honours level or a second class for Master's degree.
· A Degree of second class and a relevant Post Graduate Degree for Doctoral degree.
2) Ungraded or unclassified Degree will NOT be considered.
3) All documents must be translated into English.
4) Be able to take up their awards in October 2019.
5) Candidates applying for Doctoral study must provide evidence of support from a prospective Supervisor at least one of the UK universities to which they are applying.
6) The Commission will NOT offer awards to scholars already close to completing a Doctorate in their home country.
7) Candidates are expected to state at least one and up to three preferred institution(s) on the application, but the final decision on host institution will be made by the Commission.
8) Candidates must submit independent applications directly to their preferred institutions in advance of their scholarship application.
1) Application Letter
2) Certified copy of OMang (National Identity Card).
3) Official Academic Transcript.
4) Certified copies of certificate (s).
Proposal must reflect:
a) The impact your studies will have on your institution/community/country.
b) Information on how the course of study relates to the existing and future development needs of your institution, community or country.
c) A description of how exposure gained from pursuing this course of study could contribute to the development of your nation. Indicate clearly where the development need has been identified and outlined in the national development strategy of your country.
d) Your five-year plan upon returning to your country to put into practice the knowledge and experience acquired through the scholarship.
It is important that the candidates apply for the category most suited to their particular needs and past qualifications.
APPLICANTS ARE EXPECTED TO SUBMIT INDEPENDENT APPLICATIONS DIRECTLY TO THEIR PREFERRED INSTITUTIONS AT THE SAME TIME AS APPLYING FOR THE SCHOLARSHIP.
SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATES SHOULD BE AWARE THAT THEIR NOMINATION BY DTEF DOES NOT IN ANY WAY GUARANTEE PLACEMENT.
The general thematic priority areas include:
· Improve Access, Inclusion and Opportunity
· Strengthen Health Systems and Capacity
· Promoting Global Prosperity
· Strengthen Resilience and Crisis
· Promote Science and Technology for Development
· Strengthen Global Peace, Security and Governance
For further information please refer to http://cscuk.dfid.gov.ukiapply/applicants
IMPORTANT TO NOTE THAT:
1. ONLY SHORT LISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE REQUIRED TO COMPLETE THEIR EAS APPLICATION WHICH SHOULD BE SUBMITTED BY 19th DECEMBER 2018 (1600 GMT). THE EAS APPLICATION DOES NOT GURANTEE SELECTION AS THE FINAL DECISION LIES WITH THE COMMONWEALTH SCHOLARSHIP COMMISSION (CSC).
2. ANY NOMINATED CANDIDATES WHO HAVE NOT COMPLETED AN APPLICATION VIA THE EAS CANNOT BE CONSIDERED FOR A SCHOLARSHIP.
3. THE COMMISSION HAS A DEADLINE OF THE 4TH JANUARY 2019 FOR RECEIPT OF ALL THE FOLLOWING REQUIRED DOCUMENTS:
· Proof of citizenship/Identity
· All University academic transcript
· Two references for master's and PhD candidates
· One supporting statement from a UK institution for PhD candidates.
ASPIRANTS WHO ARE ALREADY ON GOVERNMENT SPONSORSHIP WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED.
NOMINEES ARE REMINDED THAT TO BE NOMINATED DOES NOT IN ANY WAY GUARANTEE SELECTION OR PLACEMENT.
ONLY SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED. All applications must be addressed to;
DIRECTOR DEPARTMENT OF TERTIARY EDUCATION FINANCING
UK COMMONWEALTH SCHOLARSHIPS 2019: PLACEMENT-EXTERNAL.
CLOSING DATE: 23rd NOVEMBER, 2018
For more details call; Publicity Offices at
telephone no: 3164023/3719319/3719320/3719321/3719322
OR Switchboard at telephone no: 3164023