Business Development Officer (IFM) | Infrastructure Facilities Managers
INFRASTUCTURE FACILITIES MANAGERS (IFM) invite applications from suitably qualified candidates for the position of Business Development Officer.
In conjunction with the Director, the business development officer is responsible for developing marketing and business plans for the achievement of revenue goals for the company. The Business Development Officer is responsible for securing new revenue within IFM existing portfolio of clients as well as seeking out new clients. The role is expected to have a focus on identifying and securing new business. The role ensures an excellent client experience at all times and works in collaboration with the account teams to ensure smooth transition of accounts into new business.
Reports to: Executive Director - IFM
Qualifications and Experience:
· Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Marketing, Sales, business management, or related field; higher preferred
· No experience required, but quick learner preffered, self driven with the ability to work independently and be creative in a Business Development or sales or Account Management role (Client facing responsibilities.)
Skills and Competencies
· Possess marketing and origination skills
· Analytical skills: Business development officers must be analytical thinkers with the ability to analyze new and prospective opportunities in business
· Project skills: Ability to manage projects effectively with developed goals and procedures for its implementation
· Possess problem solving skills
· Networking skills: He/she should have the ability to build and maintain relationships and contacts in and outside the company
· Sales skills: The officer in charge of business development should be able to pitch to clients on company’s new and available services
· IT/ computer skills: He/she must be computer literate
· Organizational skills: He/she must have the ability to work closely with other team members and commit to assignments.
· Possess effective communication and interactive skills .
· Good negotiation skills: The ability to dialogue with clients and arrive at a mutually beneficial outcome is important to the work of business development officers
· Planning skills: The officer should have the ability to plan for a project and follow it up to its completion
· Possession of people skills: He/she should have the ability to effectively cope with colleagues and clients and move them towards accomplishing certain tasks and goals
· Creativity. Prospective employee must have the ability to create new opportunities for the business.
Interested candidates should send their applications with CVs not later than 30 May 2019 to:
Human Resources Department
Infrastructure Facilities Managers
Plot 115, Kgale Mews
Unit 8 – First Floor