Alpha Direct Insurance Co. | Business Development Executive
Do you dream about selling insurance? Lots of it? Do you understand what information an underwriter needs? Do you have half of Botswana on one touch dial? If you are an energetic and ambitious individual who wants to develop into a solid insurance sales professional, come and grow with us!
SKILLS / REQUIREMENTS
• A minimum of a Diploma in Insurance. Any business related Qualification is a plus.
• A Certificate of Proficiency (C.O.P.) - Short Term insurance
• Member of any regional insurance body such as the Insurance Institute of South Africa and Zimbabwe, etc.
• Holder of an associateship with an Insurance institute equivalent with that of South Africa.
• Experience in Risk management and Insurance- 5 Years in various aspects of insurance including Risk Management, Claims, Underwriting Broking, Reinsurance and Business Development.
• At least 5 years’ experience handling medium and large corporate insurance policies through the sales and after-sales cycles.
• Sound judgment in determining potential underwriting risks (as a first line of defense)
• A demonstrated keen understanding of the Botswana insurance market
• Strong attention to detail
• Strong communication and IT fluency
• Excellent communication and inter-personal skills
• Ability to gather and analyze vast amounts information.
• Excellent negotiation skills.
• Must have strong strategic analysis skills
RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES
• Establish and build new relationships with existing and potential producers that have prospective business that meets the companies underwriting criteria.
• Assist clients in the event of a claim in the collection of information and the timely processing of claims through the claims department.
• Explain policy details to clients, including the risks for which they are covered, the rates and the benefits.
• Assist clients in the event of a claim in the collection of Information claims underwriting department.
• Survey clients to identify their insurance needs and how insurance policies might meet those needs
• Write an insurance recommendation list or plan to assist the client to make an informed decision
• Assist underwriters in gathering required information to make sound underwriting judgments
• Contact potential clients, usually by telephone, to arrange meetings with decision makers.
• Research new insurance products to assist current and potential clients in making choices.
• Regularly review clients' circumstances to ensure the level of insurance is appropriate.
• Ensuring compliance with regulations and procedures as laid down by the NBIFIRA.
• Formulate marketing strategies geared towards awareness and business growth.
• Recommend an appropriate amount and type of cover to individual clients.
• Generate comprehensive insurance proposals for corporate customers.
• Demonstrate business planning skills to achieve sales targets.
• Draw up lists of prospective Clients from variety of sources.
• Collect premiums and keep records of payments.
• Meet set targets on a monthly basis.
• Exceed targets on a monthly basis.
If you are interested in the position, meet the requirements and have what it takes to thrive in this position, please submit your CV, Certified copies of Certificates, Reference Letters and an Application Cover Letter to:
The HR Manager (Via Email)
Alpha Direct Insurance Co.
Send application via E-mail to:
Deadline for submission: 30 May 2020
PREFERENCE FOR BOTSWANA CITIZENS:
For all positions advertised, preference will be given to suitably qualified and experienced Botswana citizens before considering other candidates