TechnoServe | Business Advisor
Reports to: Hub Manager
Travel: 80% Domestic
I. TechnoServe Background
TechnoServe works with enterprising people in the developing wortd to build competitive farms, businesses and industries. We are a nonprofit organization trial develops business solutions to poverty by linking people to information, capital and markets. With more than four decades of proven results, we believe in the power of private enterprise to transform lives.
II. Position Description
The Business Advisor will be responsible for providing high quality advisory services to micro, small and medium enterprises that are participating in the program coming 8 satellite hubs around the country.
III. Roles and Responsibilities
· Provide advisory services to those enterprises that have been assigned to him/her by the hub manager, both micro, small and medium
· Support entrepreneurs in the development of loan applications if selected to apply
· Support planning for advisory cycles for small business and provide advisory workshops
· Support the Hub Manager in defining and rolling out the marketing and promotion of the program, including pro-actively sourcing new applicants
· Conduct diagnostics, baselines and impact assessments as required
· Keep timely and accurate records of advisory provided
· Assist SBA lead a participatory diagnostic assessment and work with the SMME to develop or adjust their business plans.
IV. Minimum requirements
· Degree in a business related program
· Proven ability to develop business plans
· Strong interpersonal skills, excellent oral and written communication skills
· Computer Skills (MS Office)
· Minimum of 2 years relevant working experience
· Private sector experience and knowledge of Botswana's business environment
Candidates must include their ONE document application containing their CV, Cover letter, certificates and salary history. All applications must be forwarded to firstname.lastname@example.org by the 19 January 2020.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.