ACHAP | Board Secretarial Intern
ACHAP, a longstanding Implementing Partner in Botswana’s globally renowned response to HIV and AIDS. ACHAP was established as a public- private community development partnership in 2000 to enhance and support Botswana’s HIV & AIDS response. Using a comprehensive approach, ACHAP has successfully supported HIV prevention, care and treatment in Botswana for more than 17 years with remarkable results. Key to the success of ACHAP support has been the focus on results, the ability to develop and manage partnerships with government, civil society, other development partners and the private sector. ACHAP’s main strengths include flexibility and innovation in programme design and implementation, evidence based programming, and commitment to culturally relevant approaches. ACHAP prides itself as a health development organization. ACHAP is now an independent non-profit making corporation entity with broader health mandate, wider geographical focus continuing to build on, and leverage on her core competencies in the field of HIV/AIDS and related health conditions. ACHAP seeks to appoint suitably qualified and highly motivated individuals with strong commitment to programme implementation to the following positions:
ACHAP needs an intern to provide administrative support Board of Directors. The candidate will support the Executive Officer Operations on the day-to- day management of Board of Directors requirements.
Duties and responsibilities:
Will work closely with the Executive Officer Operations, in the planning of board of directors meetings and associated activities. The candidate will be responsible for ensuring:
· Provision of secretarial support to ACHAP Boards and their committees o The creation and timely distribution of agenda for Board meetings.
· The accurate recording and distribution of the minutes of Board of Directors meetings.
· The creation and maintenance of an up-to-date board planning calendar outlining matters to be on the board’s agenda over the course of a year
· Maintenance of a register of board members, including board member appointment dates, term of appointments, expiration and board member bios
· Providing support to Board of Directors committees.
· Responsible for board documentation filing.
· Writing reports
· Collating information
· Supporting the EOO to convene and service Company meetings (annual general meetings (AGM)/meetings (producing agendas, taking minutes, etc)
· Managing board meetings venues
· Keeping a diary of board key events.
· Supporting the EOO to ensure policies are kept current, are approved, and that board members are aware of their implications, eg legal implications
· Maintaining current awareness about company law
Qualifications and training required
· A Diploma in administration, Secretarial Studies, law, or any related and equivalent fields.
· Study of subject such as business, management, accountancy or IT will be an added advantage.
· Candidates should possess diplomacy, meticulous attention to detail, organisational and time management skills and a genuine interest in business.
· Excellent computing, secretarial, interpersonal, team working and written/verbal communication skills are also important.
One years (unless otherwise determined)
How to Apply
Application letter and CV should be addressed to the attention:
The Assistant Manager
Private Bag X033
Applicants are encouraged to submit their applications electronically to: email@example.com.
Alternatively, they can be hand delivered to: - ACHAP Head Office at Block 5, Plot 64511, Unit 1, Fairgrounds, Gaborone, Botswana
Closing date for applications: 14th March 2019